Sony W650 42" now available in India

VoyagerIndian

Hello fellow members. Sony has released W650 42" in India for Rs. 63,990. Saw it in Reliance digital today. Amazing looks. However I needed a swivel wall mount bracket in at my place since I want to install it in a corner. The showroom guys informed that because of its design, i.e. a bulge at the bottom , there is no mount capable of holding it.

1. Is it true or is there a good site where I can find swivel wall mount for this TV
2. ALso, if above is true then is it ok to buy TV for now and wait for some time before swivel comes out?

Thanks for your advice.

If you like this tv pq wise, and it falls within your budget range, I think it is better to go ahead and buy it.
Alternative arrangements will always come by as you indicated.

99% of the times the swivel feature is hardly used. Once you install a TV, whether corner mount or not, whether desktop stand or wall mount, you will hardly ever touch the TV. In any case, the swivel angle is not a lot - a 10 at most. I looked at the design and what the salesman told you is right - this TV will not support swivel because of the bulky back bottom. A 3rd party stand will be unlikely to fit or could look outlandish and unattractive. In any case, such a stand is not recommended. If you like the TV, you should buy it. You should buy TV for the picture quality - everything else is secondary.

The W650/W670 has a IPS panel ,if you want a higher contrast ratio check out the W700 which has a VA panel.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back