Sony X90H vs Samsung The Frame

X90J over X900H -> Properly working 4k 120Hz (no blur), better processor (XR v/s X1) and probably better panel (not sure).
X90J over X950H -> HDMI 2.1 and better processor (XR vs X1 ultimate).

Overall, for movie watching it should be X950H > X90J >= X900H
For gaming, it should be X90J > X900H > X950H.
You have put it very well.

X90J seems on track to be pricey as hell, just listed on sony us with 1500USD for 55 incher, wont expect it to launch below 1.2-1.3lacs going by Sony's antics now. Was tracking this daily to have some hope, but well eh. Average markup is 1.25 to 1.38X for X80 and X90 series...

Hunting between x95g and x900h now, old tv broke and samsung seems to be in no mood to release tv's in India as its more of a mobile company here it seems.

X90J seems on track to be pricey as hell, just listed on sony us with 1500USD for 55 incher, wont expect it to launch below 1.2-1.3lacs going by Sony's antics now. Was tracking this daily to have some hope, but well eh. Average markup is 1.25 to 1.38X for X80 and X90 series...

Hunting between x95g and x900h now, old tv broke and samsung seems to be in no mood to release tv's in India as its more of a mobile company here it seems.
Always take a look at shopatsc.com - they are Sony center's online portal.

Always take a look at shopatsc.com - they are Sony center's online portal
Yeah they still selling last year models with the "New" moniker.. None of these brands treat India as a preferred market for launch so going by the cues its June or July for launch and availability post July only with market skimming till Diwali, which is now too far away, so let's see how much patience is there :)

There seems to be offer in Reliance Digital tomorrow with 10K discount for anything bought for more than 1L using Icici Credit card (Instant cb). X90H would come down to 104k - 10K = 94K.

Thinking of picking at around this price.

There seems to be offer in Reliance Digital tomorrow with 10K discount for anything bought for more than 1L using Icici Credit card (Instant cb). X90H would come down to 104k - 10K = 94K.

Go for it!

I wouldn't say it's a great deal, but in India there is no better TV at that price and the prices are rising due to demand and supply constraints. So go for it.

X95g is a ghost now, missed the amazon deal and regret it now as its out of stock offline in blr after all my enquiries. I want a tv that lasts me atleast 9-10 years like the last one's did and I hope these sets do. So X9000H is heavily on my mind, will try steppin out this weekend and having a look at this croma offer as I have quotes directly in this territory so negotiation will be tried as well.

X95g is a ghost now, missed the amazon deal and regret it now as its out of stock offline in blr after all my enquiries. I want a tv that lasts me atleast 9-10 years like the last one's did and I hope these sets do. So X9000H is heavily on my mind, will try steppin out this weekend and having a look at this croma offer as I have quotes directly in this territory so negotiation will be tried as well.
Which size are you looking for?

I am getting a display unit of x95g 55inch for 88k. Not sure if its worth it, considering I will need to take extended warranty
From which store? See if those guys have used the TV with surge protection and spike busters if not voltage stabilizer(rarely they plug it to a Stabilizer). Ask them to show the hours it ran.

From which store? See if those guys have used the TV with surge protection and spike busters if not voltage stabilizer(rarely they plug it to a Stabilizer). Ask them to show the hours it ran.
Why does that matter? A voltage surge is not cumulative over time. If a surge happened which was dangerous, the TV would have fried anyway.

In fact, an LCD TV with a few months of use will be more reliable than a brand new TV because if there were issues with the hardware they would have popped up by now.

Why does that matter? A voltage surge is not cumulative over time. If a surge happened which was dangerous, the TV would have fried anyway.

In fact, an LCD TV with a few months of use will be more reliable than a brand new TV because if there were issues with the hardware they would have popped up by now.
It could have gradually weakened the chips. Who knows.

Well the usual banter aside I was offered a 95g 6 month used for 87k few weeks ago and a q70r for 97k at 6mo..I couldnt take it given Amazon listed 95g(even if by fluke for 92k)..Just calculate the usage hours 7 days a week from 1030AM to 830PM for instore usage = 10*30*6=1800 hours..Thats a lot of hours under the counter for these store models...So no thanks for me. But I honestly see the merit in points from both camps, end of the day its about personal choice and your mindset(chilled vs OCD)
As for 9000H, Croma extended warranty isnt cheap and they wont budge from the mrp of 1.04 quoting the 10k cashback...94 w/o cashback is not what the tv feels worth and i can get better quotes nearing 93-94K, max I can pay for the most expensive tv I can buy will be 85-90K so I had to hold off..That is in the range lightgamer would be happy too :p I am kicking myself for missing the 92k deal on amazon, even Stop the Fomo said to prefer X95g over 9000H :(
Btw Onsitego warranty is 3k a year at Pai,Girias etc while for Croma its again 9k for 2 years..needless to say i had to say a gentle "f you" and walk out of Croma...

Last edited:
It could have gradually weakened the chips. Who knows.
Chips don't degrade like that. The life of silicon chips is 10+ years easy without issues. The panel and the power circuitry will degrade way before then. Every chip is protected by VRM (voltage regulation modules) on the motherboard since the chips require very clean voltage. If the voltage is above that, then it shuts down. It degrades but very, very slowly and that too happens in the sense that slightly more voltage is required for the same frequency.

If you're cautious and don't like second-hand stuff, it's fine. It's not for everyone.
As for 9000H, Croma extended warranty isnt cheap and they wont budge from the mrp of 1.04 quoting the 10k cashback...94 w/o cashback is not what the tv feels worth and i can get better quotes nearing 93-94K, max I can pay for the most expensive tv I can buy will be 85-90K so I had to hold off..That is in the range lightgamer would be happy too :p I am kicking myself for missing the 92k deal on amazon, even Stop the Fomo said to prefer X95g over 9000H :(
Yeah, X9500G is way better than X9000H. It's not even close. Also paying over 90k for X9000H isn't worth it considering you can get OLEDs for not much more. And this year OLED TVs should start around 90k considering pricing is 15% or so lower than last year.

Chips don't degrade like that. The life of silicon chips is 10+ years easy without issues. The panel and the power circuitry will degrade way before then. Every chip is protected by VRM (voltage regulation modules) on the motherboard since the chips require very clean voltage. If the voltage is above that, then it shuts down. It degrades but very, very slowly and that too happens in the sense that slightly more voltage is required for the same frequency.

If you're cautious and don't like second-hand stuff, it's fine. It's not for everyone.

Yeah, X9500G is way better than X9000H. It's not even close. Also paying over 90k for X9000H isn't worth it considering you can get OLEDs for not much more. And this year OLED TVs should start around 90k considering pricing is 15% or so lower than last year.
I might agree word by word sir but for the pricing for new tvs, i highly doubt the corporations.. No matter how cheap they launch it in usa, lg or sony or sammy will screw us over..always without fail. LG will have to cover the losses of the mobile biz shutdown somehwere

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back