SONY X90J or Samsung Q80B please suggest

Silentpro

Hello ,

I have these two options to buy in 65inches

Sony X90J
Samsung Q80B

Both are full array tv's , but Sony has dolby vision support and Samsung doesn't. Also in terms of picture quality and natural color which model will be better ??

Sony X90J compares well with my LG OLED and has lots of options to tweak video settings, personally feel that brightness is a bit low when compared with OLED but this is barely noticeable.

Hello ,

Sony X90J
Samsung Q80B

Both are full array tv's , but Sony has dolby vision support and Samsung doesn't. Also in terms of picture quality and natural color which model will be better ??
X90j is much better.
What's the price you are getting.

Sony X90J compares well with my LG OLED and has lots of options to tweak video settings, personally feel that brightness is a bit low when compared with OLED but this is barely noticeable.
Thank u so much sir .
But sony has dolby vision
X90j is much better.
What's the price you are getting.
1,15,000 Most probably .
Samsung Q80B will be 1,12,000

But Samsung supports Bixby , alexa and Google voice controls ,
Sony Has only Google voice control .
Sony Has Dolby Vision but missing HDR10+
Samsung has HDR10+ but Missing Dolby Vision

Which UI (software and Menu layouts ) which has better LG or Sony ? also Samsung Tizen UI looks cool . Some reviews say Sony Keeps laging since its Android and crash problems . is it true ?

Hello ,

Sony X90J
Samsung Q80B

Just bought the Sony 65X90K for Rs 1.5 lacs.

Tried very hard to get a 65X90J but could not find anywhere.

If you are getting it for Rs 1.15 lacs , jump at it.
It is tested to be better than the X90K.

I am personally very happy with the TV.

Which UI (software and Menu layouts ) which has better LG or Sony ? also Samsung Tizen UI looks cool . Some reviews say Sony Keeps laging since its Android and crash problems . is it true ?
I have X90J model, didn't observe any crash issues. Only cons which i felt are
1. Internal memory is 4.4 GB
2. Vieweing angles has some issue(not major).Fees like colors are faded when viewed from side angles. Previous i was using LG 4k TV.

Last edited:
I have seen QN90 with LG C1 and Sony

Samsung looked super bright and blacks close to C1, found C1 to be dimmer.

Thinking to pull the plug on QN90 55inch

I have seen QN90 with LG C1 and Sony

Samsung looked super bright and blacks close to C1, found C1 to be dimmer.

Thinking to pull the plug on QN90 55inch
typically i have seen prices of QN90A or QN90B align with Sony but one size down.. So 50 inches QN90A is similiarly priced to 55 inches X90J and so on. atleast from my online research, samsung QN90 series is a good 25-30K more than sony for the same size

typically i have seen prices of QN90A or QN90B align with Sony but one size down.. So 50 inches QN90A is similiarly priced to 55 inches X90J and so on. atleast from my online research, samsung QN90 series is a good 25-30K more than sony for the same size

Yup, QN90A 55" was available for 110-115 during the Prime Day sale. While viewing some clips sony had dark corners which I couldn't unsee.

Samsung doesn't have dolby vision but can pass through dolby atmos
Sony has everything but seems expensive for the picture quality

Going for LG OLED mostly C2, purchasing TV is so difficult 🤣

Sony has better natural colour, customer service and resale value but Samsung has better picture quality. Dolby vision licencing is not needed for Samsung TVs. They have their own standards.

Sony has better natural colour, customer service and resale value but Samsung has better picture quality. Dolby vision licencing is not needed for Samsung TVs. They have their own standards.

There are many shows and games available with Dolby Vision, there is a noticeable difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision for some.

Samsung uses HDR10+ which I have never seen and don't know their existence like HDR10 or Dolby Vision.

I wish they sort out licensing issues, the only thing which keeps some people like me from getting their TV.

There are many shows and games available with Dolby Vision, there is a noticeable difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision for some.

Samsung uses HDR10+ which I have never seen and don't know their existence like HDR10 or Dolby Vision.

I wish they sort out licensing issues, the only thing which keeps some people like me from getting their TV.
They have made segment leading innovations in Quantum dot technology plus have the flagship models of LCD LED tech. Even without DV their HDR10+ holds their own. Dynamic Metadata wise. But their engineers and customer service reps are pardon my French "AHs".

They have made segment leading innovations in Quantum dot technology plus have the flagship models of LCD LED tech. Even without DV their HDR10+ holds their own. Dynamic Metadata wise. But their engineers and customer service reps are pardon my French "AHs".
My point is HDR10+ availability is an issue.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back