sound bar or a 5.1 speaker system for LED TV??

grv_aw

hi guys

have recently purchased a panasonic th-50a410d LED LCD TV and realised that the sound quality was below par as is expected of thin lcd tv's these days.now the forum has a lot of threads for home theaters and speakers etc but i am pretty sure that many members like me are not familiar with the technicalities of an HT system and hence the need for a seperate thread.so i would like my fellow members to suggest me whether i should go for a sound bar setup or a 5.1 channel surround setup instead for regular tv viewing and the occasional movie or two on the weekend.the budget is little less at around 5-10k.not sure about the connections available on the tv and therefore i am attaching a spec sheet of the same as under:

TH-50A410D LED LCD TV - Panasonic India

PS- i already have the following components:

1. panny led tv
2. onida DVD player(which i intend to use with this setup).

Last edited:
congrats! on your new tv... excellent buy

soundbars are great but good ones are expensive

try listening to some and find out

if you want good surround 5.1 may be better while soundbars are good too and clutter free

all the best

thanks everyone for your suggestions

gave up on the idea of buying a soundbar,going in for a 2.1 channel speaker system instead with RCA in because thats the only connection other than hdmi that my tv allows....:mad:

Last edited:
Look at Philips Fidelio range of Sound bar it comes with detachable speakers on its side which can act as surrounds for your weekend movie escapades.. and there is a subwoofer with it to take care of the Bass issues
Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back