Sound system suggestions (50k budget for 600 sqft room)

arham95

Hi Guys,

This is the first time I'm buying any kind of speakers (always relied on tv speakers earlier)
I've recently bought a 75 inch TV and need to get a sound system for it. I've got a budget of 50k for now, will only be using the sound system for movies/cricket. This will primarily be used by my parents who aren't very tech-savvy

Attached an image of the current space (1.5 ft space between tv and cabinet)
Average usage: 3-4 hrs every day
Hall Dimensions: 30 feet length x 20 feet width (600 sqft)
Tv viewing distance: 25-30 feet
Usage: Movies/Cricket through streaming services like Prime/Hotstar/Netflix

Please suggest suitable options for this. I'm open to starting off small right now and adding more pieces in the future once budget allows

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191101-204317.jpg
    Screenshot_20191101-204317.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
You can go the soundbar way. It'll certainly be a huge improvement on TV speakers and should make for great cricket viewing.
But if you're going to be watching movies then best to go for speakers and a subwoofer.

Usage is mostly movies/tv shows through Hotstar/netflix/Amazon prime.

I'll check out the soundbar, any suggestions for home theatre systems?

Would want a good sound experience as the viewing distance is slightly high (25-30 ft / 600 sqft area)

50k is a tough budget for a full home theatre system. But you will get a really good soundbar within this.

This will primarily be used by my parents who aren't very tech-savvy

Average usage: 3-4 hrs every day Hall Dimensions: 30 feet length x 20 feet width (600 sqft) Tv viewing distance: 25-30 feet

If it is for your parents, get any 5.1 AVR and just two floor-standers.. You can add speakers later incase you wish to..

The room dimenions, seem large.. Also viewing distance from the TV is a little too high even for a 75 inch TV..
10 ~ 15ft away from TV would be best..

If you have a possibility for you to swap sides (or) mount the TV on the longer dimensions of the room, then you can wall mount the TV and place floor-standers on either sides of the TV..

If you haven't made a decision still, checkout the following:

1. JBL Bar 3.1 (~35000)
2. Yamaha YAS-209 (~32000)
3. Bose Soundbar 500 (69000)

You'll not go wrong with either. My current setup is an Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 and Wharfedale bookshelves. I'm contemplating going in for one of the above as don't see myself expanding my speaker setup anytime soon.

Cheers!

50k will be eaten up by an AVR only considering the room size. So getting AVR+bookshelf speakers+sub (2.1) even will be a challenge. Considering usage by non tech savvy persons and budget/room size, agree that soundbar+sub will be better.
Something like this

You can go for this one:

JBL Bar 5.1 Powerful 4K UHD Soundbar with Wireless Surround Speakers (510 Watts, 8 Woofers, Dolby Digital DTS, Red Dot Design Award Winner) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0778Q1SCZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_o9BdEbXH1HZFX

Whenever you want you can take out wireless speakers and make it 5.1

Considering the room size of 20' X 30', Soundbar may not fill the room. Better choice is AVR + Fronts for now. And later when budget allows add Sub, then rear speakers. Another option can be go for active bookshelf speakers.

If you haven't made a decision still, checkout the following:

1. JBL Bar 3.1 (~35000)
2. Yamaha YAS-209 (~32000)
3. Bose Soundbar 500 (69000)

You'll not go wrong with either. My current setup is an Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 and Wharfedale bookshelves. I'm contemplating going in for one of the above as don't see myself expanding my speaker setup anytime soon.

Cheers!
What Wharfdales are you using? And how do they match with the Onkyo amp?

What Wharfdales are you using? And how do they match with the Onkyo amp?

I've paired the Onkyos to Wharfedale 9.2 Diamond bookshelves (have put this up for sale). The setup is brilliant for music and good for movies. If I don't get what I expect from my sale, I plan to add a powered sub and retain this combination.

Alternately, have narrowed down on the Yamaha YAS-209 for perfect balance between music and movies.

I've paired the Onkyos to Wharfedale 9.2 Diamond bookshelves (have put this up for sale). The setup is brilliant for music and good for movies. If I don't get what I expect from my sale, I plan to add a powered sub and retain this combination.

Alternately, have narrowed down on the Yamaha YAS-209 for perfect balance between music and movies.
Im using an old Onkyo Tx Ds676 and I am looking to pair a good new matching pair of bookshelves in the budget range

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back