Sound United bought by a medical tech. company!

Nothing to worry. I know from reliable sources that the next version of the Marantz, the SR10010 will be able to do your BP, Blood Sugar and ECG. More, I believe, is being planned.
wow we can now actually measure subjective experience of audio !.

Imagine an amp which is dynamic enough to give you a BP of 140/90 and sweet sounding to bump up your sugars above 100 Or this amp will give you a high Sugar hence match with Speaker which will reduce the levels etc etc

wow we can now actually measure subjective experience of audio !.

Imagine an amp which is dynamic enough to give you a BP of 140/90 and sweet sounding to bump up your sugars above 100 Or this amp will give you a high Sugar hence match with Speaker which will reduce the levels etc etc
Exactly. Audyssey will now be called Bodyssey.

What about my poor heartbeat? Does not music directly touch my heart? So to really measure the quality of music, a true audiophile will sit with 12 leads going from his body to the amp. Minutely measuring you body responses, it will choose the music and how to play.

For those who claim to have golden ears, we will also have sensors connected to your ears. And two more from your head to decide your levels of sanity.

And ASR and his fans can't complain. After all we are doing accurate measurements in real time. So ASR, go take a walk with your oscilloscopes. We now have full spectrum bodyloscopes.

Nothing to worry. I know from reliable sources that the next version of the Marantz, the SR10010 will be able to do your BP, Blood Sugar and ECG. More, I believe, is being planned.
Probably Covid tests as well... :p

My son gave a very interesting take on this.

He said, post Covid in 19-21, medical companies have so much money they do not know where to spend it. His take is that Masimo had excess cash on hand and decided to spend that acquiring companies, that need not necessarily be in their main line of business. Next stop would be to retain the same management of the individual companies, and if that does not sit well, to find good CEOs and let the companies run as they were. All the companies in the Sound United have a good reputation, are doing well, and hopefully, perform well going forward.

So what is there to loose? Better than keeping money in the banks, right? Masimo may not even take a loan.

And now McIntosh bought by a group that owns Food companies - DelMonte etc. and various other businesses.
Cheers,
Sid
I guess this is more understandable since they are the PE firm and maybe got a great valuation and see some future increase in the medium term due to areas like Electric cars.

Just saw an article in the Jan issue of stereophile called trouble brewing in Sound United Parent company,..which made me curious and got to the below

“We are turning all our AVRs into health hubs. We are expanding the Polk brand and we are delivering new capabilities for Sound United products

“Consumers will be able to collect data via the AVR in their home coming from a Masimo measuring device, whether it’s a watch or finger sensor. This will evolve the purpose of owning an AVR”. He claims.

Last edited:
Spent some time in reading up about this Masimo company.
Almost everything about it in various websites seems to be copied from it's company brochure.
And it seems to be manufacturing PulseOx and it's various derivatives, including the ones used in ICUs. Hardly a cutting edge company/product.
Still not sure why they went for the acquisition.
The above news item is like talking about a vaporware. Nothing specific.
Hope they don't crash the brands/products. Already Marantz AVRs are showing some ridiculous price jumps.

Spent some time in reading up about this Masimo company.
Almost everything about it in various websites seems to be copied from it's company brochure.
And it seems to be manufacturing PulseOx and it's various derivatives, including the ones used in ICUs. Hardly a cutting edge company/product.
Still not sure why they went for the acquisition.
The above news item is like talking about a vaporware. Nothing specific.
Hope they don't crash the brands/products. Already Marantz AVRs are showing some ridiculous price jumps.
in my limited myopic view of the world, i really am not sure why anyone would want health data on an AVR when a phone is more than enough..

Masimo is in the news as they won the case against Apple ..although not due to the audio.

But they are planning to launch a Health Watch.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back