Soundbar Recommendation Around Rs.15,000

I would recommend getting a pair of active speakers. JBL nano k4 is a good option. Well within Ur budget. They are quite bassy enough for a medium to small room but If u feel the need for more bass add extra subwoofer later on

Professional monitor speakers?? How do i connect it with TV bt, aux, rca?

Is it ideally better than hdmi arc & optical input on soundbars? I was totally focusing on soundbars :p

Right now looking among Sony HT-S350, JBL 2.1 DB & Yamaha YAS-109 Max looking under 20k.

My living space is not perfect square it stretches into dinning space, distance between Soundbar and sofa is 10ft. I feel the sound effects will be more pronounced when you have reflections from left and right walls which is kind of missing in my space. When audition it in closed HT room at shop it was perfect as the room is enclosed and brings out perfect sense of surround effects. In our actual living rooms you will see it will reduce by 20-30%. I guess this will be the case with any soundbar out their in the market today. Does that mean it’s bad, the answer is “no”, it really brings good movie experience overall.

With current discount on LG Sound Bar SL6Y it makes really good VFM below 20k as it provides you the option to expand with rear wireless speakers which can be added later too with decent Dolby atmos capability.

SL6Y is now under 15k in offline shops & 16k online now. I am almost sure on YAS 109 so far :)

Any thought on Sony HT-S350, JBL 2.1 DB & Polk Audio Signa S2 ?

Any thought on Sony HT-S350, JBL 2.1 DB & Polk Audio Signa S2 ?

Out of above 3, i have auditioned only JBL Bar 2.1 DB & it sound good for music but not that great when it comes to movies.
Its falls short when you compare specs with SL6Y & YAS-109.

If you'r looking for all rounder within 20k budget i will suggest SL6Y or YAS-109. One comes with wireless sub, future proof with option to add speaker to make it 5.1 & other has lot of features link wifi+Alexa+Sub out. Finally it should boil down to your primary requirement & SQ which moves your soul :p

Cheers,
:cool:

Professional monitor speakers?? How do i connect it with TV bt, aux, rca?

Is it ideally better than hdmi arc & optical input on soundbars? I was totally focusing on soundbars :p

Right now looking among Sony HT-S350, JBL 2.1 DB & Yamaha YAS-109 Max looking under 20k.
Those speakers have RCA input and they are quite good if you want good audio in budget
Soundbars won't get you the same clarity in the mids and always muddy bass. Watch few reviews online or YouTube you'll know they are worth it

Those speakers have RCA input and they are quite good if you want good audio in budget
Soundbars won't get you the same clarity in the mids and always muddy bass. Watch few reviews online or YouTube you'll know they are worth it
Soundbars are the worst at delivering dialogue atleast the budget ones
Also consider thonet and vander kugel active stereo speakers way better than any soundbar imho

Any views on Yamaha YAS-109 (No Sub)
I have the YAS-109107 and it does the job for when I just need a bit of a volume boost and don't want to have to turn on additional equipment. Voice clarity (esp. in it's clear-voice mode) is good. If you want the low-end rumble you will need a sub. Room size and shape play a part in how it sounds. The virtual surround modes work better reflecting off a surface (ceiling etc.) as compared to when it is coming at you straight on. Like all soundbars there are limits to what it can do, so no comparison with a 2.1/5.1/7.1 etc. system.

Last edited:
I have the YAS-109107 and it does the job for when I just need a bit of a volume boost and don't want to have to turn on additional equipment. Voice clarity (esp. in it's clear-voice mode) is good. If you want the low-end rumble you will need a sub. Room size and shape play a part in how it sounds. The virtual surround modes work better reflecting off a surface (ceiling etc.) as compared to when it is coming at you straight on. Like all soundbars there are limits to what it can do, so no comparison with a 2.1/5.1/7.1 etc. system.

Thanks for your comment :)
I had one small query regarding frequency response (62 Hz to 23 kHz), does it affect in anyway? As others normally has it from 40 to 50hz?

Thanks for your comment :)
I had one small query regarding frequency response (62 Hz to 23 kHz), does it affect in anyway? As others normally has it from 40 to 50hz?
Listen to both at the same place or look at some measured graphs if they exists. Subjective opinions are salty.

That specs don’t say anything as long as we don’t know how loud is each frequency. A speaker company can say in specs “30hz - ...” without specifying if it’s at 0db or -6db or at -20db ! In theory they produce the 30hz but may not be audible. Also, even if it’s -3db at 30hz, if the Same critical band (set of freuquencies which can mask one another in one definition) has a frequency which is above certain dB so that it masks the 30hz completely, you will not hear the 30hz even if it exists.

Hi,
Bringing this one back to life, anyone could spread some light or views over Polk Audio Magnifi Max AM8215-A Home Theater Sound Bar System? Hows the performance, if you mange to listen it once by chance?
Thanks.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back