Audio experience better than the native LED TV - Soundbar OR traditional 3.1?

ckhurana

Hello fellow Audio people,

Posting here after a long time for some possible guidance around the predicament I am in...

Use case - Having a 3 y/o LG 55uk6360 TV (with HDMI arc support) and am in the lookout for a decent upgrade as far as sound is concerned (budget under INR 40K). My TV is mainly used for Prime, Netflix, YouTube streaming and offline BluRay movies (local USB drive).

Background - I was using a cheapo 2.1 retro-connected via a RoxaPlus Bluetooth receiver with the TV - but it sort of kicked the bucket due to some mishandling during a recent house shifting exercise.

Now in the market with a budgeted amount in my hand, I have been watching several (confusing?) YouTube videos for guidance around Sound Bars. As a shortlist, I had more or less thought of going in for Yamaha / LG or Samsung models for the amount I mentioned - like the Yamaha 209, LG SC9S, Samsung Q800C (which is a bit high but with good reviews).

Anyways, since I follow Reddit as well, I have been suggested that no soundbar (at least under 50K or so) would be able to keep up with the experience of a decent 2.1 (plus Subwoofer) setup (especially since I am used to an existing setup).

Now I am unable to find any reviews / options around ready made 3.1 traditional stereo setup.

I need help to confirm if we have any setups which you can please refer to me? Would this require me to source parts (like speakers, Amp, Sub-Woofer) separately? I am super confused right now! Any help would be helpful!

Thanks!
Ckhurana

Last edited:
Hello fellow Audio people,

Posting here after a long time for some possible guidance around the predicament I am in...

Use case - Having a 3 y/o LG 55uk6360 TV (with HDMI arc support) and am in the lookout for a decent upgrade as far as sound is concerned (budget under INR 40K). My TV is mainly used for Prime, Netflix, YouTube streaming and offline BluRay movies (local USB drive).

Background - I was using a cheapo 2.1 retro-connected via a RoxaPlus Bluetooth receiver with the TV - but it sort of kicked the bucket due to some mishandling during a recent house shifting exercise.

Now in the market with a budgeted amount in my hand, I have been watching several (confusing?) YouTube videos for guidance around Sound Bars. As a shortlist, I had more or less thought of going in for Yamaha / LG or Samsung models for the amount I mentioned - like the Yamaha 209, LG SC9S, Samsung Q800C (which is a bit high but with good reviews).

Anyways, since I follow Reddit as well, I have been suggested that no soundbar (at least under 50K or so) would be able to keep up with the experience of a decent 2.1 (plus Subwoofer) setup (especially since I am used to an existing setup).

Now I am unable to find any reviews / options around ready made 3.1 traditional stereo setup.

I need help to confirm if we have any setups which you can please refer to me? Would this require me to source parts (like speakers, Amp, Sub-Woofer) separately? I am super confused right now! Any help would be helpful!

Thanks!
Ckhurana
Hello,
I have not seen any ready-made 3.1 setup in stereo ,
Only 3.1 sound bar can able to do this work by dolby .

Samsung sound bar used by forum member are happy with that.( yamaha also ok)
Suggest to go soundbar with minimum 3.1 setup to get voice clarity in movie viewing.

If you have budget constrain look for used one in olx ( but check before purchase it).

Hello,
I have not seen any ready-made 3.1 setup in stereo ,
Only 3.1 sound bar can able to do this work by dolby .

Samsung sound bar used by forum member are happy with that.( yamaha also ok)
Suggest to go soundbar with minimum 3.1 setup to get voice clarity in movie viewing.

If you have budget constrain look for used one in olx ( but check before purchase it).
Thanks! What about 2.1 setups. Any off the shelf recommendations there please?

Personally, I am a bit adverse towards the soundbar concept. Would prefer a traditional 2.0 (if bass friendly) or a 2.1 setup with a subwoofer but under 40 K preferably.

Appreciate any help/tips there!

Personally, I am a bit adverse towards the soundbar concept. Would prefer a traditional 2.0 (if bass friendly) or a 2.1 setup with a subwoofer but under 40 K preferably.

Hi ,

You can consider Swan / Edifier brands , it was recommended by Forum Member to me .

There are some Taga and Onkyo speakers and subwoofer for sale in the Hfv classifieds which is within your budget if you are open to pre-owned gear
Pls check the condition though.

Edifier speaker also in Hifi vision sales .

There are some Taga and Onkyo speakers and subwoofer for sale in the Hfv classifieds which is within your budget if you are open to pre-owned gear
Pls check the condition though.
Any specific Taga and Onkyo speakers and subwoofer models you could suggest?

Any specific Taga and Onkyo speakers and subwoofer models you could suggest?
I have not heard those taga or Onkyo speakers but I guess they must be still in the classifieds of HFV. One option if possible is to hear at the person's place who is selling them

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back