5.1 Channel soundbar vs Atmos Soundbar

Anindya

Hi,

I am planning to buy a surround sound soundbar for my 190 sq feet bedroom. Is 190 sq feet too less for a Atmos Soundbar? Also there is plenty of furniture lying around in the bedroom. My concern is wether this spoil Atmos effect.

Lastly, I have purchased Sony X75 L TV. It says it supports Dolby audio (Atmos not mentioned). Will this TV Passthrough Atmos Signals from OTT to Atmos Soundbar?

Hi,

I am planning to buy a surround sound soundbar for my 190 sq feet bedroom. Is 190 sq feet too less for a Atmos Soundbar? Also there is plenty of furniture lying around in the bedroom. My concern is wether this spoil Atmos effect.

Atmos in tight small spaces will not be 100% but you will experience some difference from regular Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus.

IMHO a soundbar does not / will not be able to do proper justice for Atmos, others may say otherwise. You can refer to the many end user Youtube videos available.

Lastly, I have purchased Sony X75 L TV. It says it supports Dolby audio (Atmos not mentioned). Will this TV Passthrough Atmos Signals from OTT to Atmos Soundbar?

Ideally it should if the TV supports passthrough! Check the owners manual and also check what Dolby Audio does it support? Is it Dolby 2.0 or 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1?

All the best!

Hi,

Don't think this tv comes with eARC sony mentions it as ARC only . it will be 5.1 audio through ARC.

Hi,

Does the tv support earc? If yes then Atmos is definitely supported and will pass to sound bar. However if only arc then you need to find whether it can do Atmos over arc and whether that would be dolby digital or Dolby digital plus.

Which sound bar are you going on for?

MaSh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back