2.1 Channel vs 5.1 Channel Soundbar

Anindya

Hi All,

My bed room is around 200 sq feet with the TV around 9.5 - 10 feet away. I want to purchase a soundbar. Will a 5.1 Soundbar with Satellite speakers be too much for my room. I don't have space beyond my viewing area. Satellites will have to go to the wall behind me ( around 2 feet from ear distance).

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Anindya

More speakers will not make it louder. Rather the experience will greatly improve. If you can go for a 5.1, then go for it over a 2.1.

MaSh

Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 is not a soundbar. Its Like Q acoustics M20, but with a HDMI ARC for better sound.
HDMI ARC does not necessarily result in better sound - Singal transmitted over SPDIF Optical can result in better SQ depending on the internal DAC in the active speaker as well as the sound reproduction capabilities of the speaker itself.

That can only be determined upon a back to back comparison of these two speakers in the same room.

However, if we are in the realm of conjecture, I'll wager that the Q Acoustics M20 HD will sound better than the ELAC purely based on the larger driver and as a consequence, it's bass extension and output capabilities, since "bass is the foundation upon which all the other frequencies dance upon". ;) The better the foundation, the more wholesome the sound. :)

There is only one scenario in which HDMI ARC has benefits as far as the comparison between these two speakers are concerned - HDMI CEC control - which helps control both speakers and TV with one single remote.

HDMI ARC does not necessarily result in better sound - Singal transmitted over SPDIF Optical can result in better SQ depending on the internal DAC in the active speaker as well as the sound reproduction capabilities of the speaker itself.

That can only be determined upon a back to back comparison of these two speakers in the same room.

However, if we are in the realm of conjecture, I'll wager that the Q Acoustics M20 HD will sound better than the ELAC purely based on the larger driver and as a consequence, it's bass extension and output capabilities, since "bass is the foundation upon which all the other frequencies dance upon". ;) The better the foundation, the more wholesome the sound. :)

There is only one scenario in which HDMI ARC has benefits as far as the comparison between these two speakers are concerned - HDMI CEC control - which helps control both speakers and TV with one single remote.
thanks for info. only problem is its very difficult to get live audition of the speakers for comparison before buying.

Back