soundbar under 30k

biswa

I am learning lots of new jargon after joining the forum, its like a university course. I am looking for a soundbar for my lg 43 in led tv. generally I listen TV or music in low and medium volume only. space is constraint, so only soundbar. The sound should be clear, music distinct and clear, I am not a bass lover, so bass adequate, not thumping or house shaking. sometimes I would like to listen to music at low/medium volume. My place does not have any good shop for listening to different brand soundbar, so I will buy from online site or from some shop in Hyderabad through some friends. Budget 30k + 2k max. Read so many reviews, very confused , of course I know every individual has different tests. I read reviews on yamaha 107 and 207, polk magnify mini and signa 1, jbl 2.1 and 3.1, along with sony rt 3 and rt 40. please help me to choose the right one, also suggest anyother model which may suit my requirements. thanks

I am looking for a soundbar for my lg 43 in led tv. generally I listen TV or music in low and medium volume only. space is constraint, so only soundbar.

Understand the space constraints.. Soundbar (without subwoofer) usually don't hit low in the bass region.. But even a small BS can out do a soundbar w.r.t decent bass..

also suggest anyother model which may suit my requirements.

Below are some alternative options..

Option 1 - If you can/have an option to wall mount speakers, do consider a wall mount BS speaker + any amplifier, preferably chinese digital amplifiers (like SMSL Q5 Pro, FX Audio D802c) as they have all the digital inputs.. There size is less than the Set top box.. so you can sneak them besides TV & all chances it will go unnoticed..

Option 2 - An AVR wins hands down for the ease of connectivity between devices & features + 3.0 ( L-C-R) only set-up with in your budget..,Will double up as a decent set-up for both for movies / music.. You always have the option of adding a sub-woofer anytime you like..

For AVR - Check this in your nearest reliance digital store - https://www.reliancedigital.in/sony-str-dh550-5-1-channel-1-way-a-v-receiver/p/491167076
and if you like them, insist to get it shipped to your location.. They should..

choice is yours..

Can you elaborate both the options with some examples, are the speakers going to be wireless connected to what?

Can you elaborate both the options with some examples, are the speakers going to be wireless connected to what?

Both the options are wired..

Option 1 - For Ex.. Below is the amplifier which is smaller than a Set top Box

OqlaA45NoPWba6u1.jpg

Has all digital inputs (Co-axial, optical, USB) for connecting to TV, BR Player, Media player, mobile thru USB-OTG and a subwoofer output..

You can pair the above amplifier with any pair of bookshelf speakers (ex Below) for 2.0 (or) make it 2.1..

806S_1-600x600.jpg

Option 2 -

Consider an AVR like this (Sony 5.1)

g158STDH550-F.jpg

61MN7aaqQfL._SL1200_.jpg

This will give you multiple devices with HDMI connectivity ( HD STB, Blu ray player, chromecast, etc..)

With the AVR, you can the above pair of BS + center to make it 3.0 set-up.. This will be best compromise for both movies / music..

Wired connection will be a problem because of a small kid

Ok.. If you can keep the wires away from kids reach, by pinning them to wall then wired solution is better..

If any of the above is not feasible, then a sound bar would be a fit..

Do consider what elangoas has recommended. Bookshelf speakers or even satellites with subwoofer will get you a better experience than a soundbar. Smaller satellite speakers with subwoofer will save you space.

No idea if Philips still makes the Fidelio series soundbars that come with detachable surrounds.
Very good performance.

If you want a simple soundbar, dont put too much money into it. Something like JBL 2.0 or Yamaha 107 should work. But if you are beginning to get into 30K budget range, build a small stereo instead like elango is suggesting.

Thanks for all the advices. Let me go through the options and see how much I have understood

Yamaha YAS 107 combined with Yamaha SW050 subwoofer is a very good option and you can get it for less than 30 K. In fact this combination is much better than the expensive Yamaha YAS 207 and JBL-SB350 (both come with their own subwoofers).

Last edited:
Soundbars are not good for music. Do also consider powered speakers from Swans, KRK Rokit, etc
Can you post a picture of the TV area?

I second Naturelover, Powered speakers are also a very good option. Check out the Thonet and Vander series as well. Take your time and don't jump in unless you have really decided on what you need it for. Whether it is aesthetics or for movies or for music.

If there are space constraints ; its better to go with Soundbar and Subwoofer combo.
This is one of the best in the price range.

JBL Cinema SB350 Premium Wireless Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00MUKLZPM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vvMDBb1YNDVG9

I second that. As OP has mentioned that he has a kid so not sure why he should buy something like avr with so many wires hanging around.

Most likely for him this is a step up from TV speakers. Also TV will have multiple hdmi and other inputs so soundbar can just be connected to TV and he will have simplest of system which he originally asked for.
He will himself have the urge to upgrade after couple of years and then he can up the budget and buy better system.
Only other good alternative is powered speakers setup.

Now I am facing another problem and not getting head or tail. How can I connect a soundbar to my LED tv? There seems to be no HDMI out or optical out in my tv. Only 2 HDMI in ports, audio out ports, av in ports available.

Now I am facing another problem and not getting head or tail. How can I connect a soundbar to my LED tv? There seems to be no HDMI out or optical out in my tv. Only 2 HDMI in ports, audio out ports, av in ports available.
Is there any spdif/coaxial out from the tv?
if the soundbar has more than one hdmi ports, you can connect your dth in one of the ports and wire the hdmi out to the TV. make sure the soundbar has video passthrough.

Well, I see one optical port in my dish TV set top box. If I connect it to my soundbar, will it degrade the sound? Soundbar has only one HDMI arc. I wanted to post picture of my tv ports, but it says file too large, so not able to attach the image

If I connect it to my soundbar, will it degrade the sound? Soundbar has only one HDMI arc.

If your TV & soundbar, both have HDMI-ARC, then connect the sound bar to TV HDMI -ARC port.. There wouldn't be a need to connect to optical port..

I wanted to post picture of my tv ports, but it says file too large, so not able to attach the image

Use external image hosting sites like Imgur.. Once you upload there, copy the BBC code and paste it here..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back