Soundbar

Hi Guys,

Am looking for a soundbar for my 48" TV and my budget <=30K.

Some one please help me.

Thanks
Gijo

Hi jijonagaroor,

I just picked up the Cambridge Audio's Minx TV, a week ago from Audio Universe, Indiranagar. MRP is Rs.28,900/- , they offered a discount of 20%(i.e Rs.23,120) and I further bargained and got it for Rs.21,000/-. They are now selling it at Rs. 19,236 on amazon.in . Overall i'm enjoying the Minx TV for both music and movies.

They have a demo piece, so you can go and audition the soundbase. I also auditioned
the Yamaha YSP-1400, priced around 45K, I was not impressed with the sound quality and the price was high. The YSP-2200 was better, but selling for around 85K. Also auditioned the JBL SB 350, which is selling at 35K and sounded really bad for my taste. Then I auditioned the Bose Solo TV 15 which was the best among the lot and selling at 41.5k. I liked sound staging better than the Minx TV, but I chose to go with the Minx TV cause I was looking for a soundbar not for my TV but for my iMac and felt the Bose was a bit overkill for my iMac(27"). The Minx TV has Bluetooth option which the Bose doesn't. If I were buy one for a TV it would definitely be the Solo TV 15.

cheers.
Aneel.

P.S :- At the end of the day, just keep one thing in mind, these soundbars do not replace the traditional 2.1 or 5.1 setup comprising of an AV receiver + Left/Right/Center/Surround channels.

@aneelr

First congrats on your soundbar.
Can you let me know why you were not interested in yamaha YSP series. It's rated high in all reviews. (ofcourse the price is high). They are the first to get into the soundbar and won various awards for their soundbar's. Was the Audio Universe (Is the one in the 80" road Indiranagar? )demo room has any limitations that does not cater a proper soundbar experience? I was cornering towards yamaha soundbar, but alas! my room does not have the proper size!!! Iam now considering QA-BT3.

@aneelr

First congrats on your soundbar.
Can you let me know why you were not interested in yamaha YSP series. It's rated high in all reviews. (ofcourse the price is high). They are the first to get into the soundbar and won various awards for their soundbar's. Was the Audio Universe (Is the one in the 80" road Indiranagar? )demo room has any limitations that does not cater a proper soundbar experience? I was cornering towards yamaha soundbar, but alas! my room does not have the proper size!!! Iam now considering QA-BT3.

Hi sgmane,

Regarding the Yamaha soundbar's, I personally did not like the sound stage of the unit specially for movies, the dialogues did not seem coming from a virtual centre channel, I previously had the Bose Series 3 Companion 2 speaker system, which has 2 small satellite speakers with a sub, and that unit itself had got a very good soundstage for movie dialogues. And that was a main priority for me when choosing my soundbar. But the surround sound effects were good though.
And regarding well equipped demo room, none of them had one (neither jbl,yamaha,bose nor audio universe). All demos was done in a non acoustically treated room/place.

Hope this answered your questions.

Cheers,
Aneel.

My friend picked up one Yamaha YAS-103B soundbar for myself from Amazon Japan last December. Cost me Rs. 9400 only. Soundbar definitely delivers better audio than my Samsung 55H6400 TV. It's blue tooth enabled and can be used as a standalone speaker to listen music from my mobile phone and other BT enabled devices. Exceptional sound while listening to my music from mobile phone.
Available in Black as well as in white colour. Inbuilt subwoofer.

Amazon.co.jp? ??? YAS-103B ????????????? ????: ??????

Cons :
Power supply : AC 100V, 50/60 Hz
I purchased a step down converter for Rs 350 which is working fine for my soundbar.

On the remote, the words are in Japanese language. Not a big deal. Download the English manual and find out the equivalent words for the remote. Anyway I hardly use the remote as you once set it up, no need for remote anymore except volume keys.

No HDMI connection.

Other than the above three inconveniences (If you can call that), it's a steal for Rs 9K plus. It complements my TV too as it fits and sits snugly below my tv.

Hi Guys,
Need some inputs. I want to buy a Soundbar for my living room and I am considering Philips 6140 (as 5140 is not available) and the JBL SB350 as both are is similar price range. I don't want to go for HT setup because of space issues.

Which do you think is better ?

Hi Guys,
Need some inputs. I want to buy a Soundbar for my living room and I am considering Philips 6140 (as 5140 is not available) and the JBL SB350 as both are is similar price range. I don't want to go for HT setup because of space issues.

Which do you think is better ?

You may like to check out Philips Fidelio Soundbar speaker which has interesting concept of 'Surround on Demand' (detachable wireless surround speakers).

I have the Fidelio 9100 and it is awesome. The surrounds are removable from the main unit and provide real surround effect like in a 4.1 system. The best thingy is that the surrounds are wireless. The sub is quite good.

It is very good in 2-channel mode also and the virtual surround is one of the best in the price band. Have had the opportunity to compare with Samsung, LG and and a Yamaha and Vuzio...but the Fidelio was way above in performance to all of them.

Philips is selling its nest iteration now which I thing is pricier by about 15k. It has a improved surround section and APtx support

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back