Soundbar

aakashr

Hi,
In a bit of a fix here....have a tv with only optical out and no HDMI ARC, have a blaupunkt soundbar with only HDMI ARC and no optical.

what would be the best way to connect for digital audio, not looking at stereo via aux. is there any type of converter available that can help? Thanks

Hi,
In a bit of a fix here....have a tv with only optical out and no HDMI ARC, have a blaupunkt soundbar with only HDMI ARC and no optical.

what would be the best way to connect for digital audio, not looking at stereo via aux. is there any type of converter available that can help? Thanks

Sound bar has no hdmi out? If not,
Get a HDMI splitter. 1 input - 2 hdmi output. Signal is mirrored on both outputs. There is no delay.

MaSh

Sound bar has no hdmi out? If not,
Get a HDMI splitter. 1 input - 2 hdmi output. Signal is mirrored on both outputs. There is no delay.

MaSh
Thanks......so if we look at the fire stick:

fire stick to splitter (HDMI IN) ------ (HDMI OUT 1) TV / (HDMI OUT 2) soundbar

Thanks......so if we look at the fire stick:

fire stick to splitter (HDMI IN) ------ (HDMI OUT 1) TV / (HDMI OUT 2) soundbar
Yes that's correct. I am using one such splitter for my projector. Both outputs are independent of each other.

MaSh

Yes that's correct. I am using one such splitter for my projector. Both outputs are independent of each other.

MaSh
And both outputs work simultaneously at the same time? Looking on amazon, but most are the opposite. Any idea where to source?

And both outputs work simultaneously at the same time? Looking on amazon, but most are the opposite. Any idea where to source?
Yes both work together too. Switching off one does not affect the other. I got mine from Amazon India few years back.

Edit: check this one out. You might need a hdmi extension adaptor (female-female) to use the firestick.

MaSh

Last edited:
Yes both work together too. Switching off one does not affect the other. I got mine from Amazon India few years back.

Edit: check this one out. You might need a hdmi extension adaptor (female-female) to use the firestick.

MaSh
Awesome!!! Thanks a lot, appreciate it. I take it, this should also support audio.

Awesome!!! Thanks a lot, appreciate it. I take it, this should also support audio.
Hmm never tried audio as it was connected to receiver's output going to tv and projector. But it's a simple splitter, don't think it's stripping anything.

MaSh

MaSh
Hi, guess what....just got a reply from the seller. Does not support audio, only video.

MaSh
Hi, guess what....just got a reply from the seller. Does not support audio, only video.
Sorry, this will also give optical output
guess what..........have exactly the same thing already. Soundbar only has HDMI, so optical will not work.

guess what..........have exactly the same thing already. Soundbar only has HDMI, so optical will not work.
Ohhh okay. Next option hdmi extractor? It has hdmi out as well as optical out.

MaSh

I have a Blaupunkt Sound Bar connected to my guest room TV.

However, I have not been able to pair my fire tv stick remote (with volume up, down, power, mute) with it. A couple of options of Blaupunkt Sound Bar in "Manage Equipment" do not work.

It works well with Samsung sound bar (in other room).

Does anyone know IR code(s) of Blaupunkt Sound Bars being sold in India? Searching online has not been useful.

I think you can configure to only one device. you can delete Samsung profile and add Blaupunkt

That's a different TV+Fire Stick+Samsung Soundbar setup in another room.

For this Blaupunkt soundbar+TV+Fire stick setup, if I select Blaupunkt soundbar in add equipment option, fire stick built-in blaupunkt IR profiles don't work.

I called Blaupunkt customer care and they are absolutely clueless about it (like what is IR profile / IR code????:rolleyes:).

Firestick has an option to add a new device not in the list, it will ask to press the remote button facing the IR.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back