Soundproofing entire house (blocking outside noise)

filmguy

hi all

facing a lot of construction noise throughout the day. any suggestions for how to block outside noise for the whole house? so far the options i have are -

1) double glazing windows.
not sure how effective this is especially for low rumbling noises.

2) buying every member of house a pair of bose ANC earphones.
they have very good reviews when it comes to noise blocking but wonder how comfortable they will be while sleeping.

has anyone here done any sound proofing?

May try Installing thick curtains on all windows and door.

For rubble noise, tighten windows and fill joints with silicon sealant

Pls vacate and move to a quieter place if that is an option :) If this noise is coming from some house above or in the same apartment that has connected pillars, those transmit sound and there is nothing much you can do. sound proofing the entire house will burn your pocket. If this noise is from out side you can control by making sure you close and seal all your windows and keep the doors closed.

it is from construction opposite the building. yes for now all windows & doors are kept closed

Easy and cheaper way to arrest the sound via windows and doors is to seal this tape at the edges of all doors and also windows to seal properly.. https://www.amazon.in/Alp-Aeroflex-Adhesive-Insulation-Nitrile/dp/B075XBGD6H

Above will arrest the sound completely passing thru from outer/inner from the windows and doors.

If the construction is going to be for long time, say 6 months /1 years you have to invest considerable amount to arrest the sound coming via walls.. Try these to paste in complete wall and it will absorb considerable sound...

Easy and cheaper way to arrest the sound via windows and doors is to seal this tape at the edges of all doors and also windows to seal properly.. https://www.amazon.in/Alp-Aeroflex-Adhesive-Insulation-Nitrile/dp/B075XBGD6H

Above will arrest the sound completely passing thru from outer/inner from the windows and doors.

If the construction is going to be for long time, say 6 months /1 years you have to invest considerable amount to arrest the sound coming via walls.. Try these to paste in complete wall and it will absorb considerable sound...

have you tried the 1st product? how much difference have you found?

the second product will be difficult to implement as mostly i have windows facing the side where the noise is coming from.

I have tried the first product and it is 100% effective for the doors and complete sound arrested from the one room to another rooms plus windows also arrested the sound completely from the road.. However the construction noise will be arrested,, however breaking sound will be passing thru the beams and columns of the structure, hence effective proofing and dampening is needed.

I have tried the first product and it is 100% effective for the doors and complete sound arrested from the one room to another rooms plus windows also arrested the sound completely from the road.. However the construction noise will be arrested,, however breaking sound will be passing thru the beams and columns of the structure, hence effective proofing and dampening is needed.

hi srini

any video link on how to put this on windows? only video i could find was how to put in on door frame. i have sliding windows so unsure how i could put these on the window frame without blocking the sliding mechanism. most of the noise comes from my windows as they are facing the source of the noise.

Here you go, an video plus an blog, just an guide to put high density foam tape and other methods... Have to search somewhere in youtube for further tips..

Edit: added a video

Last edited:
Here you go, an video plus an blog, just an guide to put high density foam tape and other methods... Have to search somewhere in youtube for it further tips..

Edit: added a video

Much appreciated bud

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back