Sources for subwoofer driver?

filmguy

hi all,

as i posted in a earlier thread -

i came across a way avs forum members are building some diy bass shakers for cheap

i have zero diy skills but it seems something i could get made with help of a local carpenter. am looking to try something like this -

the main ingredient is a 12" JBL car subwoofer driver CS1214 which normally sells for $130 but is very frequently on sale for $30 in the US. that driver does not seem to be available in India. is there any where i could get a similar spec'd driver locally? the most important parameters seem to be Mms, Xmax & BL

amazon has this sub but it doesn't have the specs. in fact i doubt it is even genuine jbl as googling it doesn't show up on jbl website

any recommendations?

also what is the amp that i would need with it? are there any cheap 250w amps available. i see a lot of diy amps, are they good? but with 0 diy knowledge would rather go for something ready. on avs FM's are using behringers but that seems overkill for my use as many of them are driving 4-8 drivers with it. i would rather not spend so much on something i am not sure how it will turn out.

Hi ! Could you post an update ? I'm in the process of building a sub as well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back