Spatial Computer+Prism Orpheus+Symphonic Line Kraftwerk+Emerald Physics

Sameer was kind enough to loan these speakers to me about two weeks ago. I had the opportunity to pair them with my Acoustic Portrait setup and it was probably some of the best sound I've had in my place for a long time. I had the CS3s setup with the Behringer doing duty.

In Sameer's place the Prism Orpheus does the pre + DAC duty together with the room correction by Spatial software. Totally different league than the Behringer so these speakers have a very different quality in Sameer's setup together with the SL Kraftwerk. As other's like Sid have mentioned the Spatial does some really special things and perhaps is one of the best ways to take the room out of the equation. The room treatments in the pictures are actually redundant to a large extent. Another unique aspect of this system is that its completely digital source. Sameer has converted his entire CD collection into digital format which he then feeds via the Spatial computer. Quite a few people I've met have at least a CD player in the chain but there is no clutter here.

Apart from the CS3s and the Spatial software the SL Kraftwerk is the centre piece of the setup. I was a bit surprised to learn that Sameer has the Prism Orpheus doing pre duty and the SL is operating purely as a Power amp in this setup. Still what comes out of this setup is just amazing. As close to live as might be possible. Sameer is a stickler for details right down to matching the album artwork on his music library. This is a well put together system with a lot of thought going into the chain. Easily one of the best systems I've had a chance to hear in a long time.

Last edited:
photo16d.jpg

As other's like Sid have mentioned the Spatial does some really special things and perhaps is one of the best ways to take the room out of the equation. The room treatments in the pictures are actually redundant to a large extent.

In fact I have furnished the room with that Jute curtain , acoustic ceiling after the installation of Spatial computer.This simple and cost effective treatment reduced ambient noise level ,made my listening room much quieter and it helped in improving resolution,imaging.

Very nice setup Sameer. Appreciate more details/pics on the DIY bass traps.

@Santosh Sorry,I took some time to respond.

I have built two Deep bass traps,Two High bass traps based on the following design & drawings.

BTPlans.gif

These bass traps are supposed to be built on to the wall but have built them as separate units replacing the 'exsisting wall' section in the drawing with a rigid 18 mm ply.Except that I have executed the design as it is shown in the drawings.

I have done this before Spatial computer was installed but they were very effective.

I have just relied on my ears and I never did any testing or measuring technically regarding their effectiveness.

For detailed information Visit the following link

Build a Better Bass Trap

Cheers!

Sameer was kind enough to loan these speakers to me about two weeks ago. I had the opportunity to pair them with my Acoustic Portrait setup and it was probably some of the best sound I've had in my place for a long time. I had the CS3s setup with the Behringer doing duty.

So, are you going to pick 'em up from Sameer ????
Would appreciate it if you could write a little more about the pairing of these speakers with your AP Amps.

Thanks
:)

the Spatial does some really special things and perhaps is one of the best ways to take the room out of the equation. The room treatments in the pictures are actually redundant to a large extent.
No offenses but beg to disagree.
photo16d.jpg

In fact I have furnished the room with that Jute curtain, acoustic ceiling after the installation of Spatial computer.This simple and cost effective treatment reduced ambient noise level ,made my listening room much quieter and it helped in improving resolution,imaging.

+1. Presenting an untreated room and relying on room correction stuff is akin to popping in antacid tablets after overeating.;)

Last edited:
So, are you going to pick 'em up from Sameer ????
Would appreciate it if you could write a little more about the pairing of these speakers with your AP Amps.

Thanks
:)

They are on the short list but I would like to audition a few more speakers as well.
Will post my notes in a separate thread to avoid taking this thread on a tangent.

Would like to mention again that the centre piece of this system is the superb Symphonic Line amp.
The room treatments etc are all there but the SL takes this setup to another level.

Last edited:
No offenses but beg to disagree.

+1. Presenting an untreated room and relying on room correction stuff is akin to popping in antacid tablets after overeating.;)

Another reason I will never be a great reviewer. LOL! The words I used were meant to compliment the spatial computer room treatment which is a pretty amazing thing in itself. Digital crossovers aside there is also the personal aspect of Clayton Shaw's involvement when he sets up the sound with his experience.

Acoustic panels/jute, etc and/or Spatial are addressing similar problems - mainly room issues, its not that the room needs to be treated before Spatial is used.

The right analogy is more on the lines of "you have already overeaten, so now whats the solution? room or spatial correction?" Both may be even more beneficial.

Spatial can be used in a room which is not treated and you will still see a very large benefit, there are a few things though that Sameer has done in this case (such as lowering ambient noise) which cannot be achieved by Spatial. If one had a perfect room and had all the possible bass traps and other acoustic panels, sure Spatial may not serve as much of a need, but the former is really not practical and very difficult to implement (even if money were not a consideration).

cheers

They are on the short list but I would like to audition a few more speakers as well.
Will post my notes in a separate thread to avoid taking this thread on a tangent.

Would like to mention again that the centre piece of this system is the superb Symphonic Line amp.
The room treatments etc are all there but the SL takes this setup to another level.

Ditch the AP amps & go for the SL Amp :lol: :p:D

Simple and humble to audio nirvana. Hats off to your taste of non ear pricking listening
+1
My brief exposure to Emerald Physics after a long audition of Usher mini dancer1 reinforced the same , hence sounded more natural.
Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back