Speaker Advice

Noel2

Hello!

Before I start I just wanted to say thank you to community I have lurked for awhile and now have just joined. Lots of great input here!

I am looking to get some speakers for home audio (about 50% movie/tv about 50% music). I have a Denon AVRS510BT which I believe "The AV receiver's five channel Class AB amplifier is rated at 70-watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.08% THD, driving 2 channels)." I am using it oddly with some powered bookshelf speakers into the headphone jack but would like to get some passive speakers. After looking around a bit the two options I am most leaning towards are the...

Elac B6
Polk Audio TSx440T

I realize they are quite different (mainly being floor vs bookshelf) but what might be the pros or cons to either? Do you have any other strong suggestions for around $300-400? I will likely add a sub soon as well. Thank you in advance for your advice and thoughts!

Your room size may dictate floor-standers or bookshelves. I see you are from U.S. , so already your options open up quite a bit for auditioning.See if you can audition along with the same amplifier you already own. Elac b6 has been a favored speaker in this forum and so do Polk.
If you intend to get a Subwoofer down the line, get the bookshelves.

Thank you! I hesitated to put the room since I currently live in an apartment but it is temporary. The apartment is also the reason I will not be purchasing the subwoofer right away (don't want to bother others around). I will likely go for the Elac B6s then. I really appreciate the feedback.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back