speaker binding posts

doors666

I am looking for some decent quality but cheap 5 way gold plated binding posts for speakers using 3/4" mdf. Anyone has any good local recommendations.

Last edited:
saw the mx at their shop near sp road, most of them are for the back of the amp and can accommodate only sheet metal a few mm thick, cant handle 3/4" wood. Dont want the cup, just the posts.

All binding posts follow an international size. That is what the cup is for. You have to make a hole in the wood, or drill small holes where the binding posts go and reduce the thickness of the wood to some quarter of an inch. Try it on a wasted piece of wood, and you will know what thickness you can work with.

The binding post has to be flush outside for aesthetics and connectivity. Inside, it can very well sit inside a small well as it will not be visible to the eye.

Cheers

I bought the Mx binding posts in Mumbai for Rs.70/- per piece. There were few other unbranded ones for Rs.30/- per piece

I bought the Mx binding posts in Mumbai for Rs.70/- per piece. There were few other unbranded ones for Rs.30/- per piece

From where did you buy the speaker grill fastner (net catcher). I could not find it in Lamington Road. Due to lack of demand this product is now out of stock here.

I did not get the grill fastner from lamington road. What I bought was binding posts. It was similar to the last one in page 17 of link given by venkatcr. Mx No:829. The model I bought was in round shape. I will post a pic tomorrow. I dont recollect the name of the shop. Its just under the other side of the fly over(opposite to station) in grant road.

Even I could not find grill fastner anywhere. I happened to visit Norge during this period and enquired with them for the availability of grill fastner. They told it is handled by box maker and they do not have spares. Whenever customer asks for any replacement for grill fastner, they get in touch with box maker who provides the male part of fastner to them.

In my case, I made the box in such a way grill will stay in place without any fastner (I will post pics tomorrow)

All binding posts follow an international size. That is what the cup is for. You have to make a hole in the wood, or drill small holes where the binding posts go and reduce the thickness of the wood to some quarter of an inch. Try it on a wasted piece of wood, and you will know what thickness you can work with.

The binding post has to be flush outside for aesthetics and connectivity. Inside, it can very well sit inside a small well as it will not be visible to the eye.

Cheers

Not true, there are tons of binding posts that are bigger in size, I am currently using some from amar radio on sp road, these are huge, but its cheap and looks like steel/chrome or something like that, I am looking for better ones with brass/copper (copper ones are super expensive though) with gold plating. PE, madisound etc carry these, but the cost and shipping becomes prohibitive. Most of the small ones are basically for use with a cup or with sheet metal body in a power/pre amp.

Some people have also complained of resonance with the cups at high volumes. Not really looking for a cup as the most of the speakers are small bookshelves where I will be putting these and there is hardly any space to waste. I probably will use one for the upcoming floorstanders if i cant find some good big ones cheap.

Here is the pic of the binding post which I bought at Lamington Road Mumbai for Rs.70/-

testsgc.jpg

Cheers

So if we buy the binding post without a cup, we just need to drill appropriately sized round holes to insert them rather than shave off a quarter inch rectangle or square and risk the cabinet integrity... ?

I think I would prefer that any day ...

--G0bble

So if we buy the binding post without a cup, we just need to drill appropriately sized round holes to insert them rather than shave off a quarter inch rectangle or square and risk the cabinet integrity... ?

I think I would prefer that any day ...

--G0bble

yeah you just need to drill a correct hole and just insert the binding post and tighten it. No need to shave off anything. some of these posts should give you an idea.

2PCS SPEAKER CABLE Cabinet TERMINAL Amplifier BINDING POSTS Binding POST k10 | eBay

Speaker Cable Binding Post Long Amplifier Terminal Adapter | eBay

Posts: YG-POSTB Binding Post Black: Madisound Speaker Store

Posts: G-POSTBL Binding Post Black: Madisound Speaker Store

My problem is that most of these are quite expensive and need sourcing from US and I need quite a few, for 4 speakers and 1 spare set:(

My problem is that most of these are quite expensive and need sourcing from US and I need quite a few, for 4 speakers and 1 spare set:(

I could take 10 of those if you are buying lets club them into one parcel and divide shipping by number of units.

--G0bble

Are you moving these speakers frequently, or connecting them to different types of terminations? If not, you really don't need binding posts.

In fixed installations I always replace the binding posts with a barrier strip and use crimp spade lugs. They will never come loose or corrode. The connection is gas tight.

These are cheap and available everywhere.

Attachments

• imagesCAH310UO.jpg
    imagesCAH310UO.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 76
Are you moving these speakers frequently, or connecting them to different types of terminations? If not, you really don't need binding posts.

In fixed installations I always replace the binding posts with a barrier strip and use crimp spade lugs. They will never come loose or corrode. The connection is gas tight.

+10 to this. Spades are better anyways.

How is the connection made as tight? I only see screws for tightening ...

Edit: I may be missing something. How is this gas tight? Crimped Spade Lug

--G0bble

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back