Speaker Cable Gauge based on Length

Mayank Shah

If I were to run about 25 to 30 feet of speaker cable per channel in a 2ch setup, what kind of figures in the specs should I be looking at? Plain English please.

If I could keep the amp near the speakers, then what about short runs of Duelund 16 awg wire? Thanks.

@Mayank Shah
Use this as thumb rule for impedance, use copper/ofc since dc resistance is usually published:
16 awg under 10 feet
14 awg under 25 feet
12 awg under 40 feet

Cheers,
Raghu

If I were to run about 25 to 30 feet of speaker cable per channel in a 2ch setup, what kind of figures in the specs should I be looking at? Plain English please.
<snip>
These two articles are as good as it gets. Please read them - MAY seem intimidating BUT I assure you they are very interesting. Even though one MAY not understand fully everything they say, what matters in a speaker cable will be understood by all who read them. Please read them in series - the second article has a calculator and the calculator will make lots of sense after you read the first article.
Read this first.
Then this.

Yenjoy!

These two articles are as good as it gets. Please read them - MAY seem intimidating BUT I assure you they are very interesting. Even though one MAY not understand fully everything they say, what matters in a speaker cable will be understood by all who read them. Please read them in series - the second article has a calculator and the calculator will make lots of sense after you read the first article.
Read this first.
Then this.

Yenjoy!
Thanks for sharing @keith_correa

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back