M22759 based Speaker Cable

When you twist the wires to one inch, do you know how much length you lose over distance? I need to calculate the lengths I need. I am looking to make a final 16ft set.

When you twist the wires to one inch, do you know how much length you lose over distance? I need to calculate the lengths I need. I am looking to make a final 16ft set.

Hi Tuckers,

I do NOT know how much you would use. Sorry. If necessary, you can do slightly less turns than one an inch, but I do not recommend it.

114 1/4 inches, two Fulton lengths, is 9.52 feet. I would think either four or five lengths would work, depending on your room and layout, and what you are taking into account for length.. That is 4 Fulton lengths starting at 19.02 feet or, most likely, 5 Lengths at 23.8 feet.

I suggest 5 lengths to allow freedom to route the wiring so it does not have to lay on carpeting, and / or, so it can be suspended from a wall or ceiling or ROUTED in an ideal NO-TOUCH the other polarity manner. Five is possibly your best bet.

Welcome to Hi Fi Vision.

Dennis Fraker of Serious Stereo, and I, each personally use this wire configuration. We employ two Fulton lengths as AC cords, and two FULTON lengths as TRIOS from our Directly Coupled tube Amp designs - to transfer AUDIO POWER to our 15 inch ALTEC or GPA - type Loudspeakers.

Jeff

Last edited:
I've been working with this wire for 10 years now. I have used mostly the 8 AWG variant and sold these cables to high enders all over Norway. Simply the best cables I have heard to date. I have considered mixing gauges. i have made a 10 awg + a high frequency tinned twisted pair at 20 gauge wire (great combo) here's a future pictures of my latest protoype :)

Attachments

• 50f6303b-9b4c-4f13-90a2-49b06808c90a.jpg
    50f6303b-9b4c-4f13-90a2-49b06808c90a.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 1dd188fa-f5a1-44d7-9914-19d7d70b0026.jpg
    1dd188fa-f5a1-44d7-9914-19d7d70b0026.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 470f33e6-a3c1-40f6-8e67-ab7881f23e03.jpg
    470f33e6-a3c1-40f6-8e67-ab7881f23e03.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 26
My mentor JM shared the correct method with corrections to this thread for DIY this trio wire for all to build and experience as below,

In this thread there exists incorrectly given directions : to twist the three wires (comprising ONE single speaker polarity) "one turn per inch".

NO !!! That direction is wrong. Use an electric drill and do twisting - such that the three wires do not coil.

NOTE: there should be about FOUR TURNS per foot, as your final result.

The actual construction:

1) Terminate all three leads ( 12+12+14) into a 4 gauge 100% copper battery cable terminal, one which has a 5/16ths inch hole in it's flat part. ( 5/16ths FITS onto Cardas'excellent-sounding Speaker Posts )

2) Solidly crimp and solder all three bared wire ends, into this battery cable terminal.

3) Take a long large wood screw, and a portable electric drill outside of your residence. SCREW the battery cable terminal end, with three 9.52 ( etc. ) feet wire lengths coming out of it, into a large tree, about four feet off the ground.

4) Place the three "free" wire ends solidly into the chuck of your portable elctric drill. Tighten the drill's chuck with large grip pliers, very securely!!

5) Step back about twelve feet from the tree, and with outstretched arms, lean your torso back, so that the three wires are each suspended in mid air, with even tension on them.

6) Continuously keep tension on the three wires! Pull the trigger on the portable electric drill, to commence twisting. STOP drill-twisting when you guess you have achieved FOUR TURNS PER FOOT !!

7) Remove the big screw from the trunk of the tree. Go back to your home's work area, and crimp and solder the unterminated "Trio's" ends into other properly sized battery cable terminal ends.

8) I use red woman's nail polish, applied around the copper barrels of half of the "Trio" terminal ends. This visually designates your "Positive" amplifier/speaker polarity wires.

9) TWO Bob Fulton wire lengths are the minimum incremental wire length number, suggested to use. This length fits most home environments. If you have a large room, consider three Fulton lengths (57 1/8th inches times three ). Such "triple" 12+12+14 "Trio" wiring, would thus use 14.28 feet wire lengths.

10) These sound best suspended off the floor, and in mid air. DO keep polarities from touching each other, even ONE time, between the amp and speaker. Polarities touching, just one time, will adversely increase capacitance, and high frequency openness and performance will (subtly but certainly audibly) suffer in any of the best audio systems.

11) This is not a commercial product. Out of about ten installations, primarily with high end audio systems, in every case these "Trios", properly made and installed, have easily out-perfomed the listener's prior cable experience, usually by a wide margin.

Share your actual first-hand listening results with others.

Thanks for looking.

8) I use red woman's nail polish, applied around the copper barrels of half of the "Trio" terminal ends. This visually designates your "Positive" amplifier/speaker polarity wires.

doctor who blonde woman GIF

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back