• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Speaker Cable running short: Solutions?

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

samgurung

My 14AWG speaker cable is running short by about a metre. Is there a proper and neat way i can extend the cable without compromising quality? Currently the cable is terminated by nakamichi banana plugs.

Thanks!

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Naturelover

Staff member
Are your cables expensive? Worth the effort?
Or unremovable?

Wikihow and hometheatreshack suggest using wire nuts (and other methods). I think it should work.

arj

Staff member
My 14AWG speaker cable is running short by about a metre. Is there a proper and neat way i can extend the cable without compromising quality? Currently the cable is terminated by nakamichi banana plugs.

Thanks!
Not without compromising quality , wiser to sell it off and get a different cable as any connections leading to shorting could ruin your amplifier. Not worth the risk

Mahi

Thanks!
Hi sir,in my opinion is not possible , please change the cable

raghupb

Thanks!
Are they expensive? If so, sell them.
Get lampcord a.k.a electrical wire (2.5 sqmm or 4 sqmm).
Bare wire the connections.
Shop for new cables if not satisfied.
Cheers,
Raghu

Srinivasa Rao

Are they expensive? If so, sell them.
Get lampcord a.k.a electrical wire (2.5 sqmm or 4 sqmm).
Bare wire the connections.
Shop for new cables if not satisfied.
Cheers,
Raghu
I agree with Raghu, I have been using Havells 2.5 sq mm wires with my Marantz and Taga speakers. I'm satisfied with the SQ and once everything settles down i.e. burn in period and final speaker placement, if I'm not satisfied I might change them. Right now no issues. There is no harm in trying. In my case I had quite a bit of cables lying around after my house construction. So used them..

SPONSORED ADS