Speaker Cable running short: Solutions?

samgurung

My 14AWG speaker cable is running short by about a metre. Is there a proper and neat way i can extend the cable without compromising quality? Currently the cable is terminated by nakamichi banana plugs.

Thanks!

Are your cables expensive? Worth the effort?
Or unremovable?

Wikihow and hometheatreshack suggest using wire nuts (and other methods). I think it should work.

My 14AWG speaker cable is running short by about a metre. Is there a proper and neat way i can extend the cable without compromising quality? Currently the cable is terminated by nakamichi banana plugs.

Thanks!
Not without compromising quality , wiser to sell it off and get a different cable as any connections leading to shorting could ruin your amplifier. Not worth the risk

Thanks!
Hi sir,in my opinion is not possible , please change the cable

Thanks!
Are they expensive? If so, sell them.
Get lampcord a.k.a electrical wire (2.5 sqmm or 4 sqmm).
Bare wire the connections.
Shop for new cables if not satisfied.
Cheers,
Raghu

Are they expensive? If so, sell them.
Get lampcord a.k.a electrical wire (2.5 sqmm or 4 sqmm).
Bare wire the connections.
Shop for new cables if not satisfied.
Cheers,
Raghu
I agree with Raghu, I have been using Havells 2.5 sq mm wires with my Marantz and Taga speakers. I'm satisfied with the SQ and once everything settles down i.e. burn in period and final speaker placement, if I'm not satisfied I might change them. Right now no issues. There is no harm in trying. In my case I had quite a bit of cables lying around after my house construction. So used them..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back