Speaker cable

lalit09

Hi i need 9ft each side speaker cable for front speakers help selecting speaker cable. I have yamaha avr and wharfedale speakers.

1. Mogami 3103
2. Supra ply 3.4
3. Supra classic 4.0

Which cable will suit my system?

What model AVR/speakers? Though Yamaha/Wharfe may not benefit from cables in this price range.

I have yamaha 483 and wharfedale 220.

I don't understand in what sense it wont benefit?

If not this please suggest which one to buy.

Right now i have connected them with 14 gauge amazon basics but i feel something is missing.

I have yamaha 483 and wharfedale 220.

I don't understand in what sense it wont benefit?

If not this please suggest which one to buy.

Right now i have connected them with 14 gauge amazon basics but i feel something is missing.

Heard that amazon basics 14 awg is a good cable.. am planning to buy it too during the sale.. is there any problem as such that ur facing

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Spending money on expensive cable won't give any benefit to basic to average setups. Having said that, I have vdh Clearwater and chord in my setup which is a basic HT anyways. Makes no difference except that there is no oxidising now which I got with my previous DAC cables.

Hi

For effective good quality and smooth travel of sound from AVR/AMP to speakers....the wires have to be OFC..Oxygen Free Cables...a lot of so called companies stomp their wires as OFC but are in reality not....

Falcon, MX, Monster, SoundStream, DAC, etc are known brands....the main thing is to ensure the appropriate gauge (thickness).....even too thick cables eat a lot of power and hence the delivery to speakers is NOT smooth...

ideal gauge for 100 to 150 rms power is between 14-16-18....depends on distance...more the distance..thicker the wires....

Amazon basics is definitely not oxygen free, i went through all the details but they did not mention anything about oxygen free. Amazon basic is good then any local cable but not even close to high end oxygen free cables.

try expermenting with the wire gauge. A 16/18 awg might make a lot of difference. Buy any inexpensive 16/18 awg. Also, remove the copper plate from the speakers. Replace them with the same cable you are using. These two things made a massive difference to my system ,I had the wharfe 121s.

Using DAC 14AWG cable for Yamaha + Wharfedale combo and happy with it.
I have bought Amazon basic 14AWG cable for the surrounds as it is cheaper than DAC. These are VFM cables and should do good job.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back