Speaker cables

Speaker cable do play important role in setup. U can get a good cables on ebay like monster we'd chord etc.
I bought the monster cable z1 8 mtrs in Rs 2500 from eBay, it changed the sound drastically of my setup.
U can search yr own on ebay, I have also tried electric cables but not much usefull for sound good.
Thanks for your thoughts..
I have been using Belden cables for some time..

Thanks for your thoughts..
I have been using Belden cables for some time..
Belden is gud, in 4-5 thousand u can get a gud cabel which give u gud sound.

Definitely a very surprise and happy to hear statement for me sir! So a high quality wire alone didn’t make any magic in sound quality ? isn’t it?
I tried the gud electric wire of havells but it engulfed most of the high and mids so changed to monster, electric wires are waste.

Hi,
Suggest me a good speaker cable for pair with QA 3020s as Main hooked with Anthem AVR!
QED r Chord?
I’m using basic cables (don’t know brand name) now which are a compliment with previously purchased Marantz nr 1506.
Each Speaker distance from amp 6 ft.
hi,
recently i changed my cable bought Belden 8477 to connect my QA3050I & 3090I i found significant change in quality of sound . improved details & mid bass .
i got it in group buy in bangalore at very best price.

I tried the gud electric wire of havells but it engulfed most of the high and mids so changed to monster, electric wires are waste.
I don't have any experience with electric cables.
But I know a lot of our experienced audiophile FMs are using them with satisfy..

Hi,
Suggest me a good speaker cable for pair with QA 3020s as Main hooked with Anthem AVR!
QED r Chord?
I’m using basic cables (don’t know brand name) now which are a compliment with previously purchased Marantz nr 1506.
Each Speaker distance from amp 6 ft.
I happened that change from Amazon OFC to Belden 8477 and noticed the smoothness and heard sparkle in treble immediately....now it's been a while and sound quality has only been getting better after i happened to change the power cords......am not sure if its a placebo or real thing.....am enjoying the SQ anyways

What I found in my experiment is that ground cable(running from speaker to amp) dominates sound signature.Tried with Audioquest,DAC extreme,Monoprice cables.
Your observation is correct but for me it was only in one use case. I did do this experiment a long time back. A thicker stranded cable run on the return of the same type/brand as the positive seems to do a bit to clear up the presentation. Why ? I dont know.

But when I tried ofc copper on the +ve and silver coated copper on the return of two different brands, the Sound properties of ofc copper cable were prominent as though I was using that cable only. When I flipped and used silver coated copper on the +ve and the ofc copper on the return the cable signature of the silver coated copper dominated the sound.

So for me it was using a thicker gauge wire on the return that made a small difference.

Dear FMs,
My speaker wires are 12 years old. Bought them on monoprice.com in 2007. Unbranded 12 AWG.
Do you think they need a replacement since they are pretty old?
I cannot discern any degradation in audio quality though. But that's me.
Thank you
If you can ascertain that they are oxidezed then maybe you need replacements.

Else its ok

Budget upto ₹300/ Mtr. I don’t know many other brands except QED,Chord, Audioquest. If you don’t mind, plz let me know the difference between “branded speaker wire” and ordinary lamp cord! With the branded cable can I hear r feel the music quality well?
I’m interested by the words “99.99 pure copper, lossless energy , etc” in specs of branded cable
Being a new entry to Audio world want to understand the reality. Thanks!
With Rs 300/- budget for a meter I think the best option will be to buy loose cables. There are few listed on Hi fi mart website that fall within your budget range. I have attached some information as to how much gauge you require depending on amp power and distance/length. You can attach banana plugs or y clips by self and the cables will be good enough. The branded readymade cables cost a lot and the length also is mostly not more then 3 meters one side. Just talk to Mr Anil of Hi fi mart and you will get right suggestion.

Attachments

• Speaker Cables (Gauge etc).png
    Speaker Cables (Gauge etc).png
    156.2 KB · Views: 15
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back