Speaker Channel Level Help

eastcentral44

Hi, I am new to this forum but I am hoping maybe someone can help me out.

I recently purchased a pioneer vsx 1023 receiver and have it set up for surround sound. I noticed that after I did the auto MCAC set up the volume was really low and i needed to turn the volume up to 50 or 60 to get decent sounds......which routinely leads to the reciever over heating.

I guess my question is how can i calibrate my receiver so that i get the best sound without overheating. I currently have the speaker levels at +10db for all and that helps but i am sure thats not the best solution.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi

The AVR has pretty decent power and it is surprising that you need to crank up the volume so much to get the required effects...first check if the speakers are properly matching in terms of impedence (6-8 ohms) Hopefully the sensitivity level of the speakers is minimum 85db or more.....

Most important check what level is the source volume set to? The MCAC steup sometimes sets the source volume too low....I own a Marantz AVR and when I did the audyssey auto setup the levels for the source and speakers were too low which did not bring out the true performance of the system....I then manuall adjusted the tones, EQ, speaker levels and the source level.....one year completed...no issues...enjoying my system to the core...

Hope this helps

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back