We could help you better if you answer these questions:
* What is the room size and shape?
* Is it a family lounge, or a dedicated HT room?
* Is this for movies only, or also for music?
* What kind of music/ movies do you like?
* What sources would you be using (DVD/BluRay/AudioCD/Cassette/LP Records/Cable TV)?
Please suggest floor standers to pair with yamaha 863.
I have auditioned Dali Lektor 6/MS Aviano 6/Wharfedale 10.5 and 9.6/Polk Rti/Tannoy F1(couldn't get F3/F4)
My Room(dedicated basement A/V) is 22x9.
I am looking for a 5.1 setup..
Also suggest whether I should mix and match speakers for rears/center and subwoofer of stick to the same brand.
My primary usage is 50/50 movies-music, but I prefer vocal clarity more instead of bass.
Also I feel that I cannot trust my ears, as some music CDs sound good on one pair, and some other sound good on another pair ( I say this because I found that vocals/classical were really clear on the 10.5s, but found that the background tablas/instruments were really great in 9.6)
Please suggest some technical aspects related to pairing with A/V receiver such as brightness etc so that prolonged listening does not sound harsh to the ears..
Thus far my list is in the following preference order
1) 9.6 Wharfedale
2) Dali 9.6
3) Tannoy F3/F4(not auditioned, but what I heard from F1 was really good)
4) MS Aviano
5.1 complete: 1L