Speaker Internal Wires needed.

sudhirdamerla

Hello all,
I am looking to replace my speaker internal cables as they are close to some 40 years old. Does anyone have some lying around? Do not need heavy gauge wires. Maybe some 20 AWG will do for the tweeters and 16 AWG for the woofer? Speaker is a bookshelf and therefore need short runs. Willing to buy if anyone has some leftovers or can point me to a good source!
Regards,
Sudhir

Am curious: what does 40 years have to do with the effectiveness of the internal wires? Why do you believe they degrade with age? What gains do you expect to get by replacing them?

Incidentally, I use good mains grade 2.5 sqmm electrical cable of Polycab or Finolex for all my speaker builds. I believe any other good electrical cable (OFC, not Chinese CCAW) of 1.5 sqmm or bigger will be absolutely indistinguishable, IMHO.

@sudhirdamerla after 40 years, If anything were to give out it would be drivers capacitors first before the wire.
As for wire checkout speaker wire in amazon.in or diyaudiocart.com, you could use that for connection soldering.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back