Need help on hanging Atmos speakers from beams used for Mangalore tiles

arnprasad

Hi,

My home theater room is a semi permanent structure with mangalore tile roof set on iron beams/structure. I just got the Denon 1700H and hence need to hang two speakers. There is a 2-3 MM gap between the beam and the tile...which should be enough to pass through any thin metal wire or extra long cable tie or any other sort of flexible material using which I can "Tie" the speakers.

Given I have plenty of speakers lying around..dont feel the need to buy special atmos speakers. Hope this is fine.

The two spare speakers I currently have Denon ones..as below. They are a bit heavy..guessing in the 2-3KG range. Do we get any speaker mount type thing instead of using clothes or wires to hang them? Hoping hanging these facing the ground wont screw the speaker itself.

Pls advice how to hang them from the beam.

Many thanks in advance

If you feel these speakers are overkill and also a pain to hang from the ceiling and I would do better to buy a cheaper speaker..say costing 5K a pair types..pls advice. I can always use these Denons as stereo speakers or as surrounds. Thx

Hi,

My home theater room is a semi permanent structure with mangalore tile roof set on iron beams/structure. I just got the Denon 1700H and hence need to hang two speakers. There is a 2-3 MM gap between the beam and the tile...which should be enough to pass through any thin metal wire or extra long cable tie or any other sort of flexible material using which I can "Tie" the speakers.
Do post a picture of the beams? That should give a better idea of what to imagine.

MaSh

Please see this post. That time I didnt have the AVR.. Ignore the first 3 mins. The Denon speakers I mentioned above, do not have any binding or any contraption to which we can fix a clamp or screw...etc. Hence I think only way to have them up on the ceiling is to use thin strips of clothes or some easily bendable strong metal wire/cable. Hence the other question...hanging them upside down screws the speaker itself? not sure if they built to stand on its base.

Last edited:
Please see this post. That time I didnt have the AVR.. Ignore the first 3 mins. The Denon speakers I mentioned above, do not have any binding or any contraption to which we can fix a clamp or screw...etc. Hence I think only way to have them up on the ceiling is to use thin strips of clothes or some easily bendable strong metal wire/cable. Hence the other question...hanging them upside down screws the speaker itself? not sure if they built to stand on its base.

Fishing Wire. That is what should do the trick for you. Its nylon based, thin and super strong. You could check them out at a local Decathlon store that stocks fishing gear.

A link from Amazon below. Its rated for 50kgs as per the title.
Pro Hunter Fishing Line Super Strong 0.60MM 110LB(50KG) 100M PE 4 Strands Monofilament Fishing Line Angling Accessory, Durable Fishing Wire

MaSh

Fishing Wire. That is what should do the trick for you. Its nylon based, thin and super strong. You could check them out at a local Decathlon store that stocks fishing gear.

A link from Amazon below. Its rated for 50kgs as per the title.
Pro Hunter Fishing Line Super Strong 0.60MM 110LB(50KG) 100M PE 4 Strands Monofilament Fishing Line Angling Accessory, Durable Fishing Wire

MaSh
Thanks. Seems cheap enough. Hanging speakers down wont screw it right? I have relatives who have volunteered to get stuff for me this month from the US of A...was checking out Amazon for Atmos speakers. For my kind of casual movie watching - with spare speakers lying around..dont see the need to order more...the Micca ones seemed cheap and was on list of several list of affordable atmos speaker recomendations when I searched. Depending on the response on this forum - can get a pair. However my first pref would be to use the ones lying around including these denons

Thanks. Seems cheap enough. Hanging speakers down wont screw it right? I have relatives who have volunteered to get stuff for me this month from the US of A...was checking out Amazon for Atmos speakers. For my kind of casual movie watching - with spare speakers lying around..dont see the need to order more...the Micca ones seemed cheap and was on list of several list of affordable atmos speaker recomendations when I searched. Depending on the response on this forum - can get a pair. However my first pref would be to use the ones lying around including these denons
Yes use the least proffered pair you have sitting idle. Run it as a Pilot. Then you can decide the next steps, whether to change speakers, positions, etc.

MaSh

Hanging the speakers down won't cause any issues that I can think of, barring one. They may rattle if the fastening is not flush and tight.

Else, I dont see any issues. Try it out.

The Miccas are good for the purpose also, yes.

Hi,

Given I have plenty of speakers lying around..dont feel the need to buy special atmos speakers. Hope this is fine.

The two spare speakers I currently have Denon ones..as below. They are a bit heavy..guessing in the 2-3KG range. Do we get any speaker mount type thing instead of using clothes or wires to hang them? Hoping hanging these facing the ground wont screw the speaker itself.

Pls advice how to hang them from the beam.

Many thanks in advance

If you feel these speakers are overkill and also a pain to hang from the ceiling and I would do better to buy a cheaper speaker..say costing 5K a pair types..pls advice. I can always use these Denons as stereo speakers or as surrounds. Thx
Just see can you use nylon straps with metal buckle. That can be easily strapped and tightened. It is also flat, so 2 pieces enough for each speaker.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back