Speaker Stands and Cables on a budget

Trishtalian

Hello there!

I have been looking for the right speaker stands and speaker cables for my bookshelf speakers at a reasonable price. I currently have a 2.0 setup. I use the Polk s20s. They are amazing and I love them. They currently sit on two stools bought at Ikea (which is very sad btw). I am looking for suggestions under 5k. Do you have any recommendations?

I have spoken to folks @ Sound foundation, but I am unwilling to spend 10k on a set of bookshelves I bought for 25k. I am looking for other alternatives.

About the speaker cables - I have read online that Belden 8477 is good, but I am not finding a store online to buy them. Can you please suggest a speaker cable which is reasonably priced? I am willing to spend INR 2000 on them.

Thank you

find some used bookshelf stand on your budget or may you custom from any engineering work shop. my speaker stand also diy custom made. its cost around 8k..
eys on hifi vision, you may find some good speaker cable in your budget..

Hello there!

I have been looking for the right speaker stands and speaker cables for my bookshelf speakers at a reasonable price. I currently have a 2.0 setup. I use the Polk s20s. They are amazing and I love them. They currently sit on two stools bought at Ikea (which is very sad btw). I am looking for suggestions under 5k. Do you have any recommendations?

I have spoken to folks @ Sound foundation, but I am unwilling to spend 10k on a set of bookshelves I bought for 25k. I am looking for other alternatives.

About the speaker cables - I have read online that Belden 8477 is good, but I am not finding a store online to buy them. Can you please suggest a speaker cable which is reasonably priced? I am willing to spend INR 2000 on them.

Thank you
Hello there. Sent pm.

DIY stands with wood should work great. Get them made with plywood and fill it with sand to make it sturdy.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! Will explore the custom made option with wood for the speaker stand. Appreciate it!

@tuff: If I go with the plywood options. Are there any isolators you suggest I look at?

Audiocrafts is also selling belden 8477 and equivalent klotz
You can't go wrong with either of them
I prefer the 8477 and sounds wonderful

Hello there!

Thank you
If you are ok with drilling and wall mounting the bookshelf speakers, you can use f brackets and glass. Check my dp I have mounted Dali z3 and vokal. It just costed me around 1400 for a pair but you can even get it for a much lower price depending on the hardware shop

I use 8477. It is an excellent cable but you will have to remain patient for minimum 50 hours for the highs to open up.
Get the 12awg or 14awg.
One tweak is to remove the outer jacket and weave the two cable even tighter together.
Regrading stands, you can DIY with PVC pipes and thick ply on top and bottom with good rubber feet. Sand fill the pipe..Go with 3 pipes in tripod fashion build or one thick one large circumferance one in the center

If you are ok with drilling and wall mounting the bookshelf speakers, you can use f brackets and glass. Check my dp I have mounted Dali z3 and vokal. It just costed me around 1400 for a pair but you can even get it for a much lower price depending on the hardware shop
Yes, it is a good option. I too used it same way for my surrounds and it cost me around 800/- a pair. I'm mounting Taga S90SL.

It's a bit confusing going through the description of 8477 here.,

https://theaudiocrafts.com/cables-andamp-plugs/speaker-cables/belden-8477-speaker-cable

1) Number of pairs: 1

So, the QTY need to be 1 if we are buying two speaker cables or a pair of cables. Correct ?

2) Also, there is no indicati
If I remember right it is per meter when I purchased some years back. Also there is no concept of pair. Just buy the total cable length you need and cut in two.
Now I source locally at a much lower price.

Urban ladder sells a laptop/table which is height adjustable. I have one and forget what it's called. It's currently on sale and may be a good dual use table but you would need two of them. Apologies purists.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back