Speaker stands in Bangalore for less than 3k?

Chaos

Are there any dealers for speaker stands in Bangalore who sell them for less than 3k?

My speakers (Polk S15) weigh around 6kgs each. I checked Soundfoundation etc. but they're way out of my budget!

Hey hi,

For budget options look at Amazon and Tanotis websites. There are some nice options available. Or if you have a carpenter closeby, you could DIY a stand for yourself, custom cut to your height requirements.

MaSh

I have a pair of DIY audio stands made out of MDF and finished with veneer sheets and black polished. Not using it since more than 3 yrs and you can have it if you like them less than your budget :) PM me if you are interested.

Hey hi,

For budget options look at Amazon and Tanotis websites. There are some nice options available. Or if you have a carpenter closeby, you could DIY a stand for yourself, custom cut to your height requirements.

MaSh

Tanotis doesn't have bookshelf speaker stands...most of them listed on Amazon are for satellites which weigh less than 5kgs. Mine are more than that...

Tanotis doesn't have bookshelf speaker stands...most of them listed on Amazon are for satellites which weigh less than 5kgs. Mine are more than that...
Ahh okay, in that case go for DIY stands. I would suggest DIY even if you had a higher budget. Its super simple and allows you to get the height just right.

MaSh

Are there any dealers for speaker stands in Bangalore who sell them for less than 3k?

My speakers (Polk S15) weigh around 6kgs each. I checked Soundfoundation etc. but they're way out of my budget!
Hi, here's a pair I designed with my wood worker. Pure Sheesham wood, well polished, nice and heavy :) I'm from Lucknow
link

Hi, here's a pair I designed with my wood worker. Pure Sheesham wood, well polished, nice and heavy :) I'm from Lucknow
link

Nice! How much did they end up costing you? Also, what's the ideal height for bookshelfs? The guy who set up my system said around 30 inches from the ground should do...

Nice! How much did they end up costing you? Also, what's the ideal height for bookshelfs? The guy who set up my system said around 30 inches from the ground should do...
I feel there's no ideal height and also depends upon the dimension of speaker's itself like old Yamahas and recent Harberth are quite BIG and Heavy. If you listen sitting on couch then yes it must be facing the height of your ears atleast. You have the Sig. series bookshelf of Polk and I assume these are not very big in size. So a light wood stand would work too. Pricing is totally based on the type of wood you use like saku, neem, aam generally cost you less than Sheesham and Sagwan :)

I feel there's no ideal height and also depends upon the dimension of speaker's itself like old Yamahas and recent Harberth are quite BIG and Heavy. If you listen sitting on couch then yes it must be facing the height of your ears atleast. You have the Sig. series bookshelf of Polk and I assume these are not very big in size. So a light wood stand would work too. Pricing is totally based on the type of wood you use like saku, neem, aam generally cost you less than Sheesham and Sagwan :)

Yes, the polks are not very big at around 8 inches in width. Most of the listening will be done at couch level which is around 30".

These are smaller than RTi A3 , yes 30" would be a good height for S15. How do they sound btw? Polk doesn't mention the driver material on their site.

Best is to select a designs online take it to a lathe machine guy near you and just share your budget leave rest on him i did the same and i was surprised, he made me approx 10kg each speaker stand pair in 4k with paint, sand filing and everything and it also looks beautiful.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back