Speaker stands_ my DIY Approach !!!!

Anil

You say you will allen screw the pipe to the machined brackets
how ?
please post pics
if you are gonna do it sideways?
you would be better off using CSK heads in that case

i hope you take my advice as constructive
and not consider it as pulling you down .
im just trying help you from my limited experience

P.S milling is expensive wherever you are
if youre stuck in reagurds of finish feel free to ping me

btw : is that you doing the lathe work?

Hi,

Thanks buddy!!!!
Right now the problem with metal is finishing. Milling & cutting 6mm metal plate is very expensive, but the problem here is good professional finish which i am looking for. Suggest me a good workshop who does good job in Bengaluru. I shall look in to adapting metal base in my next project.

For good stability i am attaching a 1.5 kg MS counterweight at the bottom plate, so CG will be shifted to base.

Regards,
Anil

Anil I have some idea's for using the raw metal and still maintain the finish !! Will explain when I meet you on Monday ;) !! if you use that idea,you don't have to get it milled and all,just get the metal sheet (preferably a 8 or 10MM as 6 I think is too thin ) cut in a neat manner ! you can get it done in N.R.Road where you probably will buy them ;) !!

Regards.

You say you will allen screw the pipe to the machined brackets
how ?
please post pics
if you are gonna do it sideways?

Hi magma thanks for constructive advice.
Allen screws will be fittred from sideways, there is enough room for the screws. Brackets are 15 mm thick, i think pictures should give you some ideas, i shall post it soon.

btw : is that you doing the lathe work?

No magma, it's not me, i have no experience in handling the machine. I get the work done.

Regards,
Anil

MY DIY Speakers :)

Thanks Sreekanth.

regards,
Anil

MY DIY Telescope :yahoo:

Hi,

Anil I have some idea's for using the raw metal and still maintain the finish !! Will explain when I meet you on Monday ;) !! if you use that idea,you don't have to get it milled and all,just get the metal sheet (preferably a 8 or 10MM as 6 I think is too thin ) cut in a neat manner ! you can get it done in N.R.Road where you probably will buy them ;) !!

Regards.

There was some progress on Saturday.......

18.jpg

Beveled rubber wood. Sanding is yet to be done.​

Last edited:
Some progress last week........still lot to be done, hope to complete the stands by Saturday.

23.jpg

Machined spikes​

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back