Speaker Suggestion

vea

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Usher Be718 standmount speakers. I havent auditioned it yet, but the reviews suggest I will most probably like it. I would like to get the opinion of the distinguished members here about my choice. Do I have a better option in the price range? I heard it has decent bottom end which I like. I prefer bookshelfs or small floorstanders. I listen all crap and have very powerful amplification. Thanks

No insult meant but does 'I listen all crap' refer to a particular type of music?:confused::confused:
If so, what? 'Have very powerful amplification'- What do you have?

Usher Be718 seems to be good though I haven't auditioned it. If you happen to listen like Jazz and/or Classical (both Indian and Western) then Cadence ARITA bookshelf is also a nice option to consider withing the budget of 100K ( 90k Speakers + 18 K Stand + 12.5% VAT + frieght + Octroi) or Cadence Diva can be also be had by streching the budget little bit. Both Arita nad DIva are tube friendly and can be driven by an amp of even a 20 WPC one.

Dyna 52 is also very good option especially for Rock and Pop (thanks to its deep bass punch) , this can be had for about approx. Rs 60K (including stands). Dyna needs a powerfull amp which you said you already have.

Check with Prithvi of Absolute Phase , Bangalore if he has anything to offer from Proac tablets range. Monotor Audio Silver range and some B&W 600 series can also be considered. There are some good Full range single driver speakers from Audire (Coimbator) worth auditioning, though no idea about priceing, there entry level one can fit within this budget.

If space is not a constriant then I would recommend to go in for a 2 way floor stander and there are many good options available in the budget.

Hope this helps.

dear sacd77,
sorry for using the word, but i meant i listen to just anything. I use a pair of bryston 7bsst monoblocks, again apologize if i exaggerated it a bit.

What is your front end & pre? Suggest you listen to the Proac Response D2. I doubt anything will come close at its price point. Indian pricing is not very good though. The speaker will not play loud though.

Suhas,
Any idea what the B & W 805s costs here?

Hi costs about 1.8L here in bombay.
I have the Bryston BP6/4 BSST/ B&W 805s combo and its good. The speakers are available @ 2600 to 2800 USD but its a pain to lug them back.

Hi costs about 1.8L here in bombay.
I have the Bryston BP6/4 BSST/ B&W 805s combo and its good. The speakers are available @ 2600 to 2800 USD but its a pain to lug them back.

Is the 1.8L without the stands. In US, 805S costs less than 2000$ and the stands are like 600$

Hi
Beyond the Be-718 which is priced a bit over a 1L, if you are open to considering spending 1.9L to 2 L, then the Emerald Physics CS2 cant be beaten :D
The other choice is the Odyssey Lorelei speaker (same as the Symphonc Line Legato) or the little brother Syren.
if you would like more details, pls do send me an email.

cheers
[email protected]

Is the 1.8L without the stands. In US, 805S costs less than 2000$ and the stands are like 600$

Hi,
They are listed at 2800 USD without stands. The dealer in NY was a grumpy old hag and finally offered them for 2500 USD as the best he could offer. Stands i have bought here in bombay as i didnt think the dedicated stands were worth 500 USD (or 35K here)
Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back