Speaker Suggestions at $4000

afj

hi
a friend of mine is looking for speakers in the range of $4000. this budget is based on USA rates. at that range most of the speakers are good and come with all the adjectives, so wont really describe. but the one thing is that it should be neutral sounding. he's not really going to audition too many - maybe one or two before he buys. the ones he was interested in was the b&w cm 10s. pl suggest other options

so currentky he is in australia/then he should hear them there, what is available in australia, most of us dont know so becomes difficult to suggest and recommend.

WIDE OPEN AT THIS BUDGET
a trip to mumbai (if he is in india and plans to buy from here ) and he should be sorted
he should go to the usual suspects and get a deal and more importantly a proffesisional demo

stereo trends - grattan vaze - dynaudio,focal,revel
burge cooper - B&W , golden ear , maggies
Marbin - the Cantons
Mr chawla - the Tannoys

and dont forget the excellent ATC's too

My favorites if i was shopping would be the
older maggies,ATCs,the cantons,dyna contours 1.4 , or the C1 if he up the budget ,

but im sure you new these already

thanks magma. yes, b&w, dynaudio, revel, focal, monitor audio were the ones on my mind. he'll be going blindly by what i narrow it down to for him, and also brand and looks. so far he likes the b&w cm 10s. at that price and with a little bit of homework, you cant really go wrong. and he's not too picky. as long as it sounds good, he's happy

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back