• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Speaker Switch suggestions

Mayank Shah

Hoping someone can chime in on speaker switches. My amp has only 1 set of speaker terminals. Looking at the possibility of having a speaker switch to select between 2 pairs of speakers. Cheers.

Edit: Are the switches even worth it?

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

reachkalyan.kr

Hoping someone can chime in on speaker switches. My amp has only 1 set of speaker terminals. Looking at the possibility of having a speaker switch to select between 2 pairs of speakers. Cheers.

Edit: Are the switches even worth it?
Hope u have gone thru this below link already.

Mayank Shah

Hope u have gone thru this below link already.

Hi, I think I must improve upon my search capabilities. I did try and search for speaker switches, but this thread did not show up.
I think its the opposite of what I am looking for. I am looking for 1 amp to 2 speaker sets. Of course, any 1 speaker set at a time. Wiring wise I think this may work.

haripkv

Please contact @sadik . He could help you with a custom made one. I had one speaker switch from him (two amp to a pair of speakers). It is of good quality.

forever.pramod

Hi, I think I must improve upon my search capabilities. I did try and search for speaker switches, but this thread did not show up.
I think its the opposite of what I am looking for. I am looking for 1 amp to 2 speaker sets. Of course, any 1 speaker set at a time. Wiring wise I think this may work.
This switch has 1=>2 connection, so it doesn't matter if you connect it as 1 Input to 2 Outputs or 2 Inputs to 1 Output. So, you can use that switch as per my understanding

MaSh

If you have the resources, which I feel you do. Have 1 preamp feeding 2 power amps connected to the different speaker pairs. Switch on the Poweramp hooked to the speakers you want to listen to.

MaSh

SPONSORED ADS