Speaker Switch suggestions

Mayank Shah

Hoping someone can chime in on speaker switches. My amp has only 1 set of speaker terminals. Looking at the possibility of having a speaker switch to select between 2 pairs of speakers. Cheers.

Edit: Are the switches even worth it?

Last edited:
Hoping someone can chime in on speaker switches. My amp has only 1 set of speaker terminals. Looking at the possibility of having a speaker switch to select between 2 pairs of speakers. Cheers.

Edit: Are the switches even worth it?

Hope u have gone thru this below link already.

Hope u have gone thru this below link already.

Hi, I think I must improve upon my search capabilities. I did try and search for speaker switches, but this thread did not show up.
I think its the opposite of what I am looking for. I am looking for 1 amp to 2 speaker sets. Of course, any 1 speaker set at a time. Wiring wise I think this may work.

Hi, I think I must improve upon my search capabilities. I did try and search for speaker switches, but this thread did not show up.
I think its the opposite of what I am looking for. I am looking for 1 amp to 2 speaker sets. Of course, any 1 speaker set at a time. Wiring wise I think this may work.
This switch has 1=>2 connection, so it doesn't matter if you connect it as 1 Input to 2 Outputs or 2 Inputs to 1 Output. So, you can use that switch as per my understanding

If you have the resources, which I feel you do. Have 1 preamp feeding 2 power amps connected to the different speaker pairs. Switch on the Poweramp hooked to the speakers you want to listen to.

MaSh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back