Speaker under 40k for Yamaha RX-V679 or V479

gopsy007

Hello there - Completely new to this whole receiver/amplifier/speaker combo...more I am reading more seems to be getting confusing. Finally went to showroom guy with my requirement.

Primary requirement is music - loud, clear and filling music with nice thump for my living room. Movie requirement is very minimal just 10%.

They suggested RX - V679 or V 479 with floor speakers NS - 8390 with centre, surround and subwoofer.

My budget approx 80k - any suggestions for speakers since what he suggested for speaker seems to be shooting my budget and doesn't sound convincing too....any other suggestion for speakers with my kind of requirement.

If you all have any suggestion for avr as well...pls do suggest with good combination.
Thank you...really looking forward to your help.

If your usage is going to be minimal for movies, why are you looking at an AVR?
Just get an integrated amp (IA) and 2 speakers. For movies, take the TV analog out and connect to the IA.
For 80K you will get a very decent IA and pair of speakers.

Cheers,
Raghu

+1 to what @raghupb said.

Adding a DAC as well ( if using a Pc as source) will make the world of a difference. Look at the audioengine D1, Schiit Modi II Uber, SMSL Sanskrit i am not sure where you can procure those, i got mine from europe.

Yamaha rs-301 is a good IA if you want to look for yamaha, or else you have so many in the 30 k range Marantz, denon, cambridge audio, or the indian ones for even lesser like the sonodyne sia series or the Mumbai made Norge (never owned any so can't help with that, I am sure the good peole of the forum can help you chose, i am also in the process of getting a two ch setup so sharing what i know)

Then you can add something like Warfedale Diamond 220/225 or DAli zensor 1 or Zensor 3 and there you go. All set under 80K.

I will keep you updated once i have auditioned more speakers.

+1 to raghupb. if its mainly music that you want it for, go for a good stereo setup. depending on your room size, you can get the wharfedale diamond floorstanders, or the kef q series bookshelves (or similar speakers). and a stereo amp to match it. marantz / yamaha are good. you can budget for approx 50-50 for the amp and speakers.

what will be your source. you will either need a good cdp, or if youre playing music of your computer, then you will require a dac. you will get a decent dac for under 10k.

Integrated amp is an absolute no brainer. Movies would sound better with an integrated amp than music with an AVR.

Thanks for all the suggestions - but it adds to my confusion and mostly due to my ignorance.
Definitely music is primary objective but then having IA means I need to buy good source for music player (sounds cluttered for my space) and this again will be without fm tuner and other radio station, spotify etc (not sure though) and if sometime wants to enjoy movie ????
Can't I have AVR with bs speaker which has good/powerful music with quality and sometime enjoy movies (20%) and enjoy some of the internet based radio?

Maybe I am asking too much - but any suggestion/alternatives will make my life easier.
Thanks!

Onkyo TX 8050 is a modern stereo receiver with network capability & with a DAC inbuilt.. I think around 45K.. It also has subwoofer output..

So you can make a 2.1 system...

If you aren't a critical stereo listener, you can easily live with AVR which doubles up for stereo/HT..

Yes, an AVR, a pair of BS, a subwoofer will keep you happy for music/movies..

Thanks for all the suggestions - but it adds to my confusion and mostly due to my ignorance.
Definitely music is primary objective but then having IA means I need to buy good source for music player (sounds cluttered for my space) and this again will be without fm tuner and other radio station, spotify etc (not sure though) and if sometime wants to enjoy movie ????
Can't I have AVR with bs speaker which has good/powerful music with quality and sometime enjoy movies (20%) and enjoy some of the internet based radio?

Maybe I am asking too much - but any suggestion/alternatives will make my life easier.
Thanks!

yamaha does have some stereo receivers

Stereo Receivers - Yamaha - India

if you purchase an av receiver, you spend money on 3-5 extra output channels that you wont require. therefore, costs being equal, the sound quality / output wattage on a stereo amp will be better than a a/v amp.

am not sure if the yamahas have an inbuilt dac, but the 201 comes at a good price and will give you the budget to look at a decent usb dac.

dont get too stuck up on an all in one. youre sound quality will generally suffer

Thanks!

I need to buy good source for music player - Your computer with a decent DAC becomes a very good music source, you can play almost every type of media on the planet and the best part its modular.

this again will be without fm tuner - The yamaha r-s201 has a 40 preset FM tuner.

other radio station, spotify etc - once you have the DAC get a Google chromcast audio, connect it to your DAC via Optical, and use your phone or tablet or even your chrome browser to push pretty much every major audio streaming service (spotify, lastfm, xmusicmatch, google play, pandora, etc.) to your speaekers

sometime enjoy movies (20%) - well, if you plan on buying more than two speakers (or plan to add them later) to create a surround system, go get an avr, but if you want to stick with two speakers, then an IA will be your best bet, why waste money for three chs you will never use. Plus, for the occasional movie you can always enjoy it on two ch system

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back