Marantz amps are the most amicable I've heard. It pairs well with every speaker i have vs other amps which are a hit or a miss!Published too fast
I also started doing my research on amplifiers and thought a power amplifier might be a good way to go.
Marantz MM7025 - 73k on Amazon India which looks like a good deal
- Puts out 140W per channel
- Known to pair well with Focals. Interesting the Focal showroom was using Marantz equipment for all demos vs. Naim
Emotiva BasX A2 - 81k in India (500 USD in the US)
- I wonder why the price difference is so high vs. the US price
- I can potentially carry one back from the US in September - anyone done this before and gone through customs?
- Reviews look quite good and call it neutral sounding
My entire stack would look like this:
1) Yamaha WXC-50 - as a streamer to input all sources. I bypass the pre-amp and output optical into number 2
2) MiniDSP 2x4HD - as a DAC + Crossover to speakers/sub + RoomEQ.
3) New power amp
3) New speakers (Focal Aria are frontrunners right now)
4) SVS PB-2000 Pro
I use the fire TV remote as a universal remote to power on tv+streamer, navigate and control volume on the streamer itself. This works for the family as an easy to use solution.