Speakers for AVR1612

Newbee@1

Hi Everyone,
I have purchased an avr 1612 and I am wondering which speakers should I use with it. At present I would be only buying front pair of speakers (book shelf or Floor standing) and would later build 5.1 on top of it.

I have read some threads on this forum and have selected

Wharfedale 10.1
Wharfedale 9.2
Mission 34i
Monitro Audio BR2

My budget is 17K can extend it to 20K max.

Any other suggestions are most welcom.

Thanks

Thanks for your quick response.
I auditioned M34i yesterday and they sound good but lack in Bass. I do not have a sub woofer so looking for something that can compensate that to an extent. Afte reading about M34i's in this forum so extensively wher people have recommended it so strongly, I was hoping to be blown away with the sound but saldy I wasn't. May be it was the dealer who wasn't very keen on a detailed audition.
:mad:
Planning to audition Polk audio RTI A3 and PSB Image B6 today. Can anyone advise the price of M34i, someone in the forum purchased it for 17k but here in noida, I have been offered 22K. Also please let me know the best price for polk audio RTI A3 and Image B6.

Last edited:
I purchased PSB T1 yesterday. It sounds "good enough" ...it has only left me wanting for more.
Any suggestions that might help me to improve the sound quality by tweaking avr 1612 if possible is much appreciated.
Also what should i buy to add on to these towers to complete the 5.1 setup?

Thanks.

Push you budget to 28k and you can get Wharfedale 9.5 pair, I would suggest going for those right now as it won't long you would be hunting for tower speakers.

For Surround you can always go for cube speakers (would save few bucks). Later maybe invest in Wharfedale 9 CS to complete your HT.

Building HT in tight budget is slow and steady process. Trust your ears and pocket then invest.

Hi Everyone,
I have purchased an avr 1612 and I am wondering which speakers should I use with it. At present I would be only buying front pair of speakers (book shelf or Floor standing) and would later build 5.1 on top of it.

I have read some threads on this forum and have selected

Wharfedale 10.1
Wharfedale 9.2
Mission 34i
Monitro Audio BR2

My budget is 17K can extend it to 20K max.

Any other suggestions are most welcom.

Thanks

you can also add:

wharfedale vardus 400
polk audio tsi300
mordaunt short carnival 6
MISSION MV8

all the best!!!

First, congrats on your purchases !

I don't have answers to your Qs or any recommendations as I am behind you (only a few weeks, I hope :)...stuck between 1312 & 1612 now; have not seen any Onkyo options yet) in the 'building HT' journey. Can you share your final price details - for how much you bought AVR1612 ( and what you compared against and what made you pick this over others) & PSB T1 ? Assuming you are using this for both movies & music, with only 2 front speakers, how is the experience - movie wise & music wise ? Really interested to hear the feedback & thrill of initial days !...Congrats , again !

Thanks all for your suggestions.
1612 is a good AVR as written by many on this forum however do not expect to get blown away on the music front. Just with 2 front speakers the music is satisfactory but to enjoy the movies you really need a sub and surround. I have sent you PM about the pricing.

Now since I have the T1's, I really need good advice on which centre and sub to buy.

Last edited:
Hi
Although i am new to HT Building
I am planning to buy Denon 1612 & have auditioned
AAD M Series II
Paradigm 70 CT
There were no Wharfedale available for audition.
paradigm CT 70 were not up to mark, AAD doesn't fit as they are big. :sad:

My prime need is to listen to crisp Vocal & guitar notes, with complete clarity.
& secondary is to watch HD Hollywood movies.

I also don't want big floor standings, instead will settle for good quality Bookshelf
How are the Wharfedale 9.2 / 10.2 Diamond series? for front speakers

Please suggest which set will suite my requirements

Thanks

~ Anant
Belgaum, Karnataka

Do try PSB Alpha series. They have amazing clarity and the crispness that you want in guitar notes is exactly what they provide. If your budget allows, try the Image series from PSB.

I could really use some advise for which Center and sub to buy for my setup:
Denon AVR 1612, Psb T1 speakers.

Buy the center from the same series, PSB Alpha C1. Sub you can buy any brand as long as it meets your budget.

Is it mandatory to buy Center from same PSB Alpha Series if i have the T1 towers?
Also is there only one center C1 in Alpha series?

Thanks

Is it mandatory to buy Center from same PSB Alpha Series if i have the T1 towers?

Thanks

PSB Alpha Series has two Center Channel speakers to match with your existing speaker :
Option 1: PSB Alpha C1 (Recommended)
Option 2: PSB Alpha CLR 1 (Will do justice to a small room setup)

For surrounds you can complete the setup with LR 1 and for Subwoofer go with PSB Sub Zero. This will be cracking budget setup and will go well with your Denon AVR.

Hi,

I am running My Denon 1612 with Paradigm Monitor 7s, It sounds Fantastic but Most of the time i feel 1612 is not driving enough power to bring out the best of speakers, So you are better of with the bookshelf's,

Thanks

Not mandatory, but recommended so that the speakers are timbre matched and give uniform sound.

hi

anant . i ahve auditioned wharfs 10.2 . and 10.5 fs . both are good . 10.5 has slight advantage beinga fs . but 10.2 bs is really good . crisp sound and good base , Check for pioneer avrs also good

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back