Speakers for Denon 1911 ???

hi.shahul

Hello everyone,

I am new to this and I am amazed with all the help everyone gets from one another. I have been reading the forums for the last one month and have been able to locate few dealers in Tamil Nadu and Cochin.

I have bought a Denon 1911 which i got a good X-Mas deal in UK and have been looking around for an initial 5.1 setup (with floorstanders) around Rs.50k - 60K. Dont want to spend too much as I be moving again and will be leaving the system with my parents. My first choice was Polk audio as Denon is sold under the same roof, I had a demo in Coimbatore with the TSI300, 100, CS10 and the PSW125. But have been reading the forum and many have pointed out either the Mission M34i or Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 floorstandings. I have been enquiring for

Mission M34i or Mordaunt Short Carnival 8 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 (floorstanders)
Mission M3c1i or Polk Audio CS10 (Centre Channel)
Surrounds (not decided)
Mission MS10 or Polk Audio PSW110 (sub)
Pioneer DVD player (existing)
Sony BD370 Blu-Ray (New)

I mainly watch films on DVD and Blu-Ray and mainly listen to trance. Please do help me with the setup and prices along with the nearest dealers from Madurai.

Cheers,
Shahul

Thank guys.

RTI seems to be good but I have to kick my budget higher lol. With all the feedbacks left on here think Mission M34i and M3c1i suits my budget and seem to be good too.

Cheers.

for surrounds you can get the Bose 161 speaker pair for 11k INR. These are sold standalone for pairing with any AVR. I am also considering the same for my surrounds as the power ratings of 10-100W per channel matches with Denon. Also you do not need any Bose patented connectors to use these speakers. You can also purchase them online from BOSE INDIA

even cheaper surrounds can be Yamaha NSP8900 for 5.5K INR which brings a pair of rear surrounds and one center.

Cheers dude.

I came across
Mission mh3 surrounds @ Rs.8000 (Decibels, Chennai)
Mordaun t Short Carnival @ Rs.8500 (Cressida, Chennai)

Any suggestions or are there anything around 10k???

If you want to use your AVr with better performance,then pls dont go by budget as better spk can do better.
mission MH3 come with Centre surr(Bipole).So you need mission towers.These surr & centre are smaller.
Wharfedale will match better than mission I suppose.

Shahul, you must be talking about the mission mh3 sys package with 2 surrounds and one centre speaker, for rs.8000.

Thanks haisaikat, I did look for Bose 201/301 but dropped it.

Thanks spirovious, I know the budget is small, I dont want to spend too much as I will moving and leaving everything behind so dont want to spend too much. If I was to stay back my eyes were on the KEF Q500 which are stunning. So what would you recommend for centre and surrounds (can stretch my budget little more) as I have almost confirmed the floorstanders as Mission M34i.

Raghu (Decibels, Chennai) quoted me the prices.

Surr can be Bipole from Wharfedale WH2 for around 8k.
Wharfedale WH-2 Series Reviews
QUOTE]

I checked on WH-2 review is good but amazon is not having it in stock. Anything else in sub 10K range that can be good surrounds? I am also planning to buy 1911 Denon and looking for cheaper surrounds. I would prefer if there is one that is locally available and can be auditioned before buying.

Polk Tsi100 is another close to 10k/pair which can act as surrounds.

Surr can be Bipole from Wharfedale WH2 for around 8k.
Wharfedale WH-2 Series Reviews
QUOTE]

I checked on WH-2 review is good but amazon is not having it in stock. Anything else in sub 10K range that can be good surrounds? I am also planning to buy 1911 Denon and looking for cheaper surrounds. I would prefer if there is one that is locally available and can be auditioned before buying.

Polk Tsi100 is another close to 10k/pair which can act as surrounds.

Paradigm ADP surrounds best in class around 12k ....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back