Speakers for Denon 2309I

Hi Sridharjanani,

Pls note that the price I was given was almost a month ago. With the dollar rate increase, I believe, its now available for around 35k in the grey market. I had mine brought by a cousin from abroad for abt 33k. Vector, Hyderabad may get you one for around 39k.At least thats what they told me.

Reg the speakers around 25k, I have auditioned Polk Audio RM 705 at ProFX, Hyderabad. List price 25k. I must they are value for money but one cannot expect too much out them. Focal is another good one around 45k.

Eswar.

Last edited:
Re: Speakers for Denon 2309

Hello,
I am also in the hunt for speakers for my Denon 2309
I have listened to the Def Tech Pro Cinema 800, it sounded pretty good, was offered for 56 k.

My budget is around 50K, max 60K, need only small bookshelves, (wall mountable) as this is for my bedroom setup; can somebody pls suggest which are the brands to look/listen for , and which would be most VFM for Music and movies, 50:50.

Currently I have Denon 2309, PS3 and Samsung 32 A650 full HD.
Need speakers to match the setup.

I am also in the hunt for speakers for my Denon 2309
I have listened to the Def Tech Pro Cinema 800, it sounded pretty good, was offered for 56 k.

My budget is around 50K, max 60K, need only small bookshelves, (wall mountable) as this is for my bedroom setup; can somebody pls suggest which are the brands to look/listen for , and which would be most VFM for Music and movies, 50:50.

Sviyer,

Pro Cinema 800 are not bookshelves but more like sub-satellite systems. The satellites are very small speakers that have a frequency range that start very high. For example the Pro Cinema 800's satellites start at 57Hz. What happens in this case is that they cannot work without the sub.

In the last two weeks I had a chance to listen to a number of sub-sat system and these included the Focal SIB and the Cantons. The Focal SIBs were driven by a Denon 1909. It was quite disappointing as I could not hear the dialogues well and found many sounds missing.

I am of the opinion that the combination of an amp and the sub-sat is very important, maybe even critical. The reason I am saying is that I heard the same scene from the same movies with a Yamaha 663 and Canton Sub-Sat. The Canon satellites are much smaller than the Focal SIB, but they were able to present the sound stage and clarity much better.

If you looking for bookshelves, look for something like a Wharfedale 9.1 or PSB's Alpha B1s, MS Avant 902s.

Cheers

Sviyer,

Pro Cinema 800 are not bookshelves but more like sub-satellite systems. The satellites are very small speakers that have a frequency range that start very high. For example the Pro Cinema 800's satellites start at 57Hz. What happens in this case is that they cannot work without the sub.

In the last two weeks I had a chance to listen to a number of sub-sat system and these included the Focal SIB and the Cantons. The Focal SIBs were driven by a Denon 1909. It was quite disappointing as I could not hear the dialogues well and found many sounds missing.

I am of the opinion that the combination of an amp and the sub-sat is very important, maybe even critical. The reason I am saying is that I heard the same scene from the same movies with a Yamaha 663 and Canton Sub-Sat. The Canon satellites are much smaller than the Focal SIB, but they were able to present the sound stage and clarity much better.

If you looking for bookshelves, look for something like a Wharfedale 9.1 or PSB's Alpha B1s, MS Avant 902s.

Cheers

Kef KHT2005 OR 3005 will go with Denon.

Thanks Venkatcr and spirovious,

I intend to go in for a 5.1 package.

@spiroviousI have also heard KEF 3005, it was quite sharp, i liked it too. but way expensive, quoted @ 80 K !!

KEF has multiple range in the same series - 1005, 2005, and 3005. Find one that fits your budget and your purse.

Cheers

I auditioned the PSB's Alpha B1 @ Lakozy, Mumbai, liked it quite well
Prices - Fronts - 13500, center - 12500, surround pair - 11000 , SW - 20000

I did not like the SW though !!

Can anybody let me know , where can I audition Q-acoustics 1010i in Mumbai?

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I auditioned the Tannoy F1 customs today, liked it and booked it :).
Total cost for 2 Fronts and 1 center is 28K , a weeks time for delivery.

I now need some inputs for the SUB and surround sats i need to buy further.

I would prefer the surrond sats with a wall mountable option.

budget remaining is 22K !!

Kindly please suggest.

Hello Everyone,

Kindly please suggest.

try Wharfedale SW150. Reviews are very good.

Thanks,
Senthil

Hello Everyone,

Kindly please suggest.

Where and how much for custom centre?

I auditioned the Tannoy F1 customs today, liked it and booked it :). Total cost for 2 Fronts and 1 center is 28K , a weeks time for delivery. I now need some inputs for the SUB and surround sats i need to buy further. Budget remaining is 22K !!

Ideally two more F1 customs would be a good option. But if budget is an issue why don't you look at FR Custom? They will match with the F1s very well.

Regarding sub, at your budget it is a little difficult to get a good sub. Anyhow you have a few options:

MS 3091 at around 17,000
Wharfedale SW 150 at around 20,000
Yamaha YT-FSW100 at around 9,000

The Canton CD1 sub is also excellent but unfortunately it comes only as a complete 5.1 system. If you are in Bombay, tale a look at Lithos QBIC. I am not sure what the price is, but if it around 20K, it will be a very good option.

Please check qbic

Cheers

I was also looking at the PSB Alpha intro LR1 for the surrounds ,
comes @ 11 K for the pair.

For the Sub, I think i need to up my budget !!

Thanks venkat, i will check the qbic SUB and yes, i am in mumbai.

The centre was for 15 K , I think. This was at Alliance4, Andheri.

hi even iam planing to buy Wharfedale 9.6 Tower speakers, 9CM center, 9DFS surrounds for the sides and rear and the PC 12+ subwoofer Denon AVR 1909 in bangalore as u told denon 1909 u brought for 28000 but here it is 38000 best price please help me with the best deal where can i get

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back