Speakers for DENON 2310 vs 3310.

iyersn

Am planning to buy the 2310, had a demo in Profx and was impressed.

Can some one suggest speakers to pair with this?
I would prefer bookshelf speakers as there is not much space on the floor to have the
Profx had only kef and polk. How is wharfedale and where do i get a demo of such speaker with 2310 in Mumbai?

Also is 3310 worth going the extra amounts? I would prefer to go for a better speaker with 2310 - however kindly advise.
Budget is approx. 1 lac but can stretch a bit more.

2310 is better than 3310 according to whatshifi.
Spk can be Wharf series,MA BR2 .They can give better tonal Q.
Others can be Tannoy,MS,Kef 3005SE(95k)

I would prefer bookshelf speakers as there is not much space on the floor to have the
Profx had only kef and polk. How is wharfedale and where do i get a demo of such speaker with 2310 in Mumbai?

Also is 3310 worth going the extra amounts? I would prefer to go for a better speaker with 2310 - however kindly advise.

Hi,

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 is a good pair with denon, i've demoed them with 2309 and it was really sounding nice. So must be better with 2310.

cheers.

are you planning to hang your speakers on wall, or putting them on top of some cabinet?

are you planning to hang your speakers on wall, or putting them on top of some cabinet?
Front - placed alongside my 40" lcd tv - mostly hung on the wall. The cabinet even if used is only 2.5 ft.high from the ground.:)

Hi,
Along with the speakers recommended I'd suggest you also audition the Q-Acoustics 1010i package:licklips:.It pairs really well with the Denon's.
These speakers are compact but sounds more than twice the size.
Another crowd favorite here is the Wharfedale Diamond 9 series (Tried and Trusted 9.1/9.2:D) that performs very well with Music and Movies alike.Most users mentioned no fatigue over long listening sessions.Also do consider the Polk RTi-A3 into your audition list.Polk RTi series are very good, dynamic speakers that does very well with movies and music.I wouldn't suggest this speaker if you listen to lot of classical music but for everything else it's good.The other polk TSi series won't do justice to the Denon 2310(users please excuse).
The Definitive Technologies speakers are amazing speakers but may overshoot your budget but nothing wrong in auditioning it.May be you'll like it.:eek:hyeah:

All the best for your purchase :thumbsup:,

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:
I have paired Denon 2310 with the following

Front - Kef IQ7 (not IQ 70)
Center - Kef IQ60C
Rear - Jamo 416
Sub - Onkyo (from my old HTIB. Havent upgraded yet).

With this set up, the Bass is lacking a little bit for both movies and stereo. I think this will be fixed once I upgrade my Sub to a better one.

The sound quality is simply amazing with Denon + Kef for both Stereo and Movies.

Hi,
Along with the speakers recommended I'd suggest you also audition the Q-Acoustics 1010i package:licklips:.It pairs really well with the Denon's.
These speakers are compact but sounds more than twice the size.
Another crowd favorite here is the Wharfedale Diamond 9 series (Tried and Trusted 9.1/9.2:D) that performs very well with Music and Movies alike.Most users mentioned no fatigue over long listening sessions.Also do consider the Polk RTi-A3 into your audition list.Polk RTi series are very good, dynamic speakers that does very well with movies and music.I wouldn't suggest this speaker if you listen to lot of classical music but for everything else it's good.The other polk TSi series won't do justice to the Denon 2310(users please excuse).
The Definitive Technologies speakers are amazing speakers but may overshoot your budget but nothing wrong in auditioning it.May be you'll like it.:eek:hyeah:

All the best for your purchase :thumbsup:,

Regards,
Sam

Thanks - any specific Def Tech speakers that you would recommend. If worth it, may have second thoughts though. I do like to listen to Carnatic classical.
Also any specific Polk RTi speaker you would recommend.

Not sure if the speakers you are looking for primarily for movie listening or music. If it is for music you can try out the more premium bookshelves - Dali/Usher. Also try out the PSB Image series, search the forum to get demo showrooms in bombay for these products. There is a great thread from magma on bookshelf purchase which you must refer.

Not sure if the speakers you are looking for primarily for movie listening or music. If it is for music you can try out the more premium bookshelves - Dali/Usher. Also try out the PSB Image series, search the forum to get demo showrooms in bombay for these products. There is a great thread from magma on bookshelf purchase which you must refer.

Thanks - it is quite tough to say if I would be using more for movie or music -though I would give music a slighter edge. Music will be on daily whereas movies would be over the weekends (over 2 days) + the odd evenings.
I got a Cambridge DV99 yesterday and connected it to my existing Pioneer Home Theatre DV333 and am quite pleased with the SQ from these speakers.
Just imagining what effect it could have with the dedicated speakers!!
I shall do my research on the dedicated speakers as suggested by you also.
Thanks.

Thanks to all.
I bought Cambridge DVD99 and am quite satisfied with the SQ and the PQ it delivers. Connected it to my existing Pioneer HT DVD 333 and its speakers - enjoyed listening to the carnatic music.

Next target as stated in this forum: Denon 2310 and the speakers - mostly from ProFx with build up on the speakers gradually.

Any idea where this is available in the grey market and what price?
If the difference is too much, thinking of getting it from there.

A person mentioned that for Denon 1910 the sales price at the dealer with warranty would be Rs.42k whereas in grey it could be around Rs.30k - am not sure if this is possible but the difference is quite a bit, I admit.;)

Thanks to all.
I bought Cambridge DVD99 and am quite satisfied with the SQ and the PQ it delivers. Connected it to my existing Pioneer HT DVD 333 and its speakers - enjoyed listening to the carnatic music.

Next target as stated in this forum: Denon 2310 and the speakers - mostly from ProFx with build up on the speakers gradually.

Any idea where this is available in the grey market and what price?
If the difference is too much, thinking of getting it from there.

A person mentioned that for Denon 1910 the sales price at the dealer with warranty would be Rs.42k whereas in grey it could be around Rs.30k - am not sure if this is possible but the difference is quite a bit, I admit.;)

Hi Iyersn, I got a Denon 1910 (220V) from Grey market in Bangalore at 32K, did not bargain much. He said he can get 2310 for 42K or less. If you need the contact please send me a PM.

Thanks - any specific Def Tech speakers that you would recommend. If worth it, may have second thoughts though. I do like to listen to Carnatic classical.
Also any specific Polk RTi speaker you would recommend.
Hi,
The Denon 2310 is an excellent choice.
Def Tech-I'll recommend the Studio Monitor 450 or 350 bookshelf speakers as per your requirement. The 450 has 10" bass radiator:eek: and the 350 has 8".:eek:hyeah:

POLK: Polk RTi-A3 or if you are ok with towers the RTi-A5.
Note:Fresh new Polk speakers tend to sound bright & edgy.But once burn-in is completed it transforms completely.Still it's not laid back but very enjoyable.ProFx are authorised dealers for polk and you can have a demo along with Denon 2310.
Just for the kicks :) you can also audition the Focal 806v in Profx if it's available for demo.It's more detailed and vibrant than polks and looks hi-quality & beautiful.

All the best,
Sam

Hi,
The Denon 2310 is an excellent choice.
Def Tech-I'll recommend the Studio Monitor 450 or 350 bookshelf speakers as per your requirement. The 450 has 10" bass radiator:eek: and the 350 has 8".:eek:hyeah:

POLK: Polk RTi-A3 or if you are ok with towers the RTi-A5.
Note:Fresh new Polk speakers tend to sound bright & edgy.But once burn-in is completed it transforms completely.Still it's not laid back but very enjoyable.ProFx are authorised dealers for polk and you can have a demo along with Denon 2310.
Just for the kicks :) you can also audition the Focal 806v in Profx if it's available for demo.It's more detailed and vibrant than polks and looks hi-quality & beautiful.

All the best,
Sam

Thanks Sam.
The room lacks space for a tower speaker so have to stick with bookshelf speakers.
I auditoned the Focal 807v in Profx and was highly impressed with the outcome. Well at 60k it blows a big hole in my pockets. By going for Def Tech, dont know if ProFx will do the installation if I pick up the 2310 from them as they dont deal in Def Tech. I shall seriously think of your advice on Def Tech though I didnt quite understand your comment on the bass radiators - could you kindly clarify?
ProFx had suggested iQ10 speakers which sounded better than their own ProFx speakers but a class below the Focal.
What can you advise for the centre speaker?:)

Hi Pals,

Thanks to each of you for helping me in choosing.

I finally settled as under:
Denon 2310
Floor standing - Kef iq 7 - these are 3 way speakers
Centre kef iq 60c - 3 way speakers
Surround-polk FxiA4
Sub -DSW Pro 600

Had the audition of Focal 807V book shelf speakers along with the Kef floor standing at my home itself - found the KEF to be way ahead.

I am enjoying the carnatic instrumental music and DVD movies.

Thanks again.
;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back