Speakers for Denon AVR 1912

hi every1 this SBK from Kuwait, im new to A/V receiver i dont have much knowledge in it, im planning to buy DENON AVR 1912,does Polk Audio Blackstone TL1600 will be ok for me coz my budget is too tight now,or shall i go for towers and a sub will tht give me some satisfaction??coz i here music more than watchin movies .can i connect my sony hi-fi system speaker which has 130 watts RMS in my surround region??

hi every1 this SBK from Kuwait, im new to A/V receiver i dont have much knowledge in it, im planning to buy DENON AVR 1912,does Polk Audio Blackstone TL1600 will be ok for me coz my budget is too tight now,or shall i go for towers and a sub will tht give me some satisfaction??coz i here music more than watchin movies .can i connect my sony hi-fi system speaker which has 130 watts RMS in my surround region??
Do not go blindly with towers or get a hamstring issue with budget. There should be a careful bias for all aspects.

a) First "Room Size": For a small room of less than 120 sq. feet, towers will be too much. Towers may be still an overkill for a room of 140 sq. ft. Beyond that size, towers may be considered, else consider book shelf speakers.

b) It is better to buy piece by piece good quality equipment rather than compromise because of budget. For example, if constrained by budget, there is no need to but a full 5.1 set. One can concentrate on fronts (L+R) and sub-woofer. Then one can add center and rear (L+R). If the room permits, one can later add sides (L+R).

c) For music, and assuming that you will hear in pure stereo mode and not simulated surround, the front L+R will be enough. The sub-woofer (.1) channel will not play any part because 99% of music is 2-channel only.

d) You can connect your Sony speakers but they will not do justice to the 1912. But you must also check the impedence. AVR 1912 is rated for speakers with 6-8 ohms.

You can buy from US for price advantage. After 1 year the product is out of warranty doesn't matter where you are. But you will get service after 1 year since you will pay for it.

But price in INDIA is high (25-50% more).

But make sure you get a step down transformer with less voltage transient/ripple. Also consider buying the center & surround speakers there itself since speakers are also expensive here. Front speakers (floor stander) you can buy here.

There won't be any customs since up to Rs.25k(I think) you can bring. But declare it upfront.

I wanted to mention a couple of things. I am not sure your last statement is correct as there is a schedule of items that are charges customs duty regardless and electronic items falls within this. Please check.

Secondly, a small possibility that works sometimes - take it out of the box, put it in a strong bag and hand carry it. There is a reasonable chance that you will not be stopped. I would of course recommend that you declare it as a good citizen!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back