Speakers for Denon AVR 1912

eyeced

Hi Guys,

I am going to US next week and would be buying Denon AVR 1912 , was planning to buy 1911 before but as the upgraded version is there .. so why not take it :)

First of all would there be any problem with the custom, it's my first time getting something for US.

Second, after getting back to India I would building up my Home Theater again, at present I have JBL SCS 140bk cinesystem / HK 133 AVR combo .. going for the upgrade now and would be selling this out.

Help Needed for -
Need suggestion for good floor standers for denon avr.
Or any other suggestion for building up my HT.

Here is my present setup -
Budget - 25k for floor standers
Movies/Music - 80/20
Room Size - 20X13 feet
Plasma - Samsung 50" Series 5
DVD player - Pioneer 220
Bluray/Game Console - PS3

Thanks in Advance

Mission M35I were excellent with Denon 1611 when I last heard them, Will fit your budget too.

YOu will need a step down Transformer too , add that to Cost , dont forget.

Hi Guys,

I am going to US next week and would be buying Denon AVR 1912 , was planning to buy 1911 before but as the upgraded version is there .. so why not take it :)

First of all would there be any problem with the custom, it's my first time getting something for US.

Second, after getting back to India I would building up my Home Theater again, at present I have JBL SCS 140bk cinesystem / HK 133 AVR combo .. going for the upgrade now and would be selling this out.

Help Needed for -
Need suggestion for good floor standers for denon avr.
Or any other suggestion for building up my HT.

Here is my present setup -
Budget - 25k for floor standers
Movies/Music - 80/20
Room Size - 20X13 feet
Plasma - Samsung 50" Series 5
DVD player - Pioneer 220
Bluray/Game Console - PS3

Thanks in Advance

There are two issues regarding getting electronic stuff from USA:

- the first is regarding bringing the stuff. Nowadays many airlines have stopped two piece baggage system and have implemented one bag (of specific max dimension) not weighing more than 23 kg. Hence check airline baggage rules.
- the second issue is about step-down transformer. You will need a really good unit with power handling capacity that is at least 1.25 times the max rated power consumption of the AVR

Customs duty will be as usual.

There are two issues regarding getting electronic stuff from USA:

- the first is regarding bringing the stuff. Nowadays many airlines have stopped two piece baggage system and have implemented one bag (of specific max dimension) not weighing more than 23 kg. Hence check airline baggage rules.
- the second issue is about step-down transformer. You will need a really good unit with power handling capacity that is at least 1.25 times the max rated power consumption of the AVR

Customs duty will be as usual.
For first issue .. I am flying via emirates which still allows 2 baggages .. so no problem on this front :) though I will recheck with them again for this

For Second - Yes I will buy a step-down transformer .. can someone suggest which one to go for.

Hi Guys, Today I purched Denon AVR 1612 AV Reciever...I bought it on Ebay, i got an gud deal...it has to ship from US so it will take some time...Was wondering whts the Right Set of Speakers I can buy...I dont have huge budget....i have to buy Piece by piece...First i can buy only two Tower Speakers....so where should u look into...max i can spend 25-30k on tower speakers...Where do i start guys?

Help me out here...

Regards
Utsav

how much you paid for the 1612.. u buying a step down transformer .. or is it coming with standard indian volt?

check out for PSB... good towers..

So "eyeced" what did you settle with?

I have got myself a 1912 last month and now looking for a decent 5.1 set where the front ones must be floor standers as majority of my listening is music. All recomendations + places where I can audition them in Kolkata is sincerely appreciated.

i am planning to buy a denon 1912 because of its 2 zone capacity. can any one tell me how to play source 1 in zone one and source 2 in zone 2??

So "eyeced" what did you settle with?

I have got myself a 1912 last month and now looking for a decent 5.1 set where the front ones must be floor standers as majority of my listening is music. All recomendations + places where I can audition them in Kolkata is sincerely appreciated.

denon 1912 is a 7ch AVR. In this Neo6 is good for music in a 5.1 setup.
Now to answer to your query, you can consider to go for wharfedale diamond 9.6 for front. For the rest you buy a 5.1 package like jamo. You can also omit sub since the fronts will complement that.

Although reviews in online forums will suggest good points, your ear is the best judge.

Listen what you like and buy what you listen"

is it economical buying stuff from US ,considering there is not Indian warranty and alo the added cost of transformer and customs.
I guess Grey market like alfa would be around the same cost without warranty.

is it economical buying stuff from US ,considering there is not Indian warranty and alo the added cost of transformer and customs.
I guess Grey market like alfa would be around the same cost without warranty.

You can buy from US for price advantage. After 1 year the product is out of warranty doesn't matter where you are. But you will get service after 1 year since you will pay for it.

But price in INDIA is high (25-50% more).

But make sure you get a step down transformer with less voltage transient/ripple. Also consider buying the center & surround speakers there itself since speakers are also expensive here. Front speakers (floor stander) you can buy here.

There won't be any customs since up to Rs.25k(I think) you can bring. But declare it upfront.

i am planning to buy a denon 1912 because of its 2 zone capacity. can any one tell me how to play source 1 in zone one and source 2 in zone 2??

i have bought the denon 1912 i wanted to. now i want to use 5.1 speakers for the tv room and remaining 2 channels for stereo speakers in my hall. wonder what speakers to buy for the tv room

speakers would depend on the budget..20-30K - go for sonodyne, 30-40K - go for Wharfedale and 40-50K - go for klipsh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back