Speakers for Denon AVR 1912

TheCoolestOne

Hi,

I am located in Mumbai and am in the process of setting up a HT system in my room with domensions 10ft X 15 ft. I would primarily use the setup for movies / music 70/30.

After some research I have narrowed down my quest of AVR to the Denon 1912. What would be good speakers and sub to compliment this AVR.

My budget for the speakers and sub is upto 70k but could stretch it some more if required.

What would be good cables to go for the setup.

Hello,

I am also in a similiar situation. Will be going for Denon 1911/1912. Havent decided on the speakers. I have narrowed down to Polk 705/Harman Kardon HKTS 30BQ. Not sure on whether this is best combo. My preference is mainly music and will be setting up for 15*20 room.

Thanks,
Antony

Thanks guys for your replies and suggestions. Inputs and suggestions make it so much easier to narrow down on your choices in this sea of options available.

@ az2325 from the Denon 1911 1nd 1912 which have you decided to go for? Have you auditioned Polk 705/Harman Kardon HKTS 30BQ? I am contemplating going in for a Wharfdale 9.5, 9.6 or 10.4 FS but not decided and this is in the review stage for me at the moment and am seeking expert opinions of other members. Tere is a group buy going on the same.

@yahoo0210 the QAcoustics 2000 was something that had crossed my mind earlier but then I was inclined more towards FS front speakers. Have you experienced the qound quality on these babies?

@josephjhont which series of the Denon AV do you possess? With reference to the group buy I have gone thru the tread but am more inclined towards auditioning speakers that I would be purchasing and buying a kit and then building the cabinets is something I would liek to avoid at this stage. Let me know how it goes for you and your update once your system is in place.

Thank you guys and keep us posted on your developments

i have decided on 1911 since i wont be using the n/w features of 1912. I am yet to audition denon+polk combo. I have heard hkts9, a predecessor of hkts30 with harman avr. I was impressed that time . Will need to audition with denon. Do let us know your audition experiences

Thecoolestone, The q acoustics package is good. But yeah, you will find the BS lacking low end response in stereo mode. You could try working out a package with the FS of the QA 1000 or 2000 series.
You have not mentioned your budget.
Also there are many threads on what speakers people have paired with denon 19XX recievers. Please do go through those, to get some user feedback on what speakers go with the reciever.

az, if your prime requirement is music, why dont you go with a simple integrated amp?

yeah true iaudio. during construction my house, all these were home thaeatre to me :) . Now i have 6 points in 8ft above in wall for speaker. Also since this is @ home town, i would be using the music part only during weekends. My parents can use this with dth for better sound. Before 1911 moved out of the showrooms, got hold of one. Now i am in look of best speakers which can suit my preferences. The room is kind of an open living room with a courtyard on one side, so i dont dream of any home theatre effect from the speakers. I only need crisp clear music and clear dialogues and the hall filled with music. I am inclined to polk since people say they are bright and tsi100 in front and rear seems to be powerful to drive the 300 sqft room. Hkts is insanely priced in india when we check with US prices

az, Do you mean to say that you would be placing your speakers at 8ft?

"The room is kind of an open living room with a courtyard on one side, so i dont dream of any home theatre effect from the speakers. I only need crisp clear music and clear dialogues and the hall filled with music."

If that's the case, then maybe you can do with a good sub sat combo like Paradigm Cinema 110, Energy Take series, Wharfedale Movistar etc

iaudio,

I finally purchased the Denon 1912 but still researching speakers.

As mentioned my budget is around 70k for a speakers + decent sub. I did think of FS initially but owing to the size of my (room 11 x 15ft the living area) and viewing distance of 9 ft I ruled out the FS as I would require to crank up the volume to get the best of the AVR and Speakers and owing to the short viewing distance it would be uncomfortable to the ears.

In a city like Mumbai space is a constraint :) and my room which is L shaped is a combo of a living room + dining area with the living room dimensions (11 x 15) out of which one wall 15ft side as an opening which leads into the dining area (dimensions 8 X 9).

One setup I have thought of is:

Front BS: Wharfedale 9.1 or 9.2
Centre: Wharfedale 9CM or 9CS
Rear Surround: Wharfedale 9DFS
Sub: Either the Wharfedale SW250 or Klipsch SW450 or a Velodyne

I have some great reviews on the Wharfedale from pro's who are using them and I would be auditioning them shortly but I am open to suggestions to alternates :)

Sam

Yo,

Alternatives would be Epos, Mission, Mordant Short, Monitor Audio. all well worth a look

iaudio,

I finally purchased the Denon 1912 but still researching speakers.

As mentioned my budget is around 70k for a speakers + decent sub. I did think of FS initially but owing to the size of my (room 11 x 15ft the living area) and viewing distance of 9 ft I ruled out the FS as I would require to crank up the volume to get the best of the AVR and Speakers and owing to the short viewing distance it would be uncomfortable to the ears.

In a city like Mumbai space is a constraint :) and my room which is L shaped is a combo of a living room + dining area with the living room dimensions (11 x 15) out of which one wall 15ft side as an opening which leads into the dining area (dimensions 8 X 9).

One setup I have thought of is:

Front BS: Wharfedale 9.1 or 9.2
Centre: Wharfedale 9CM or 9CS
Rear Surround: Wharfedale 9DFS
Sub: Either the Wharfedale SW250 or Klipsch SW450 or a Velodyne

I have some great reviews on the Wharfedale from pro's who are using them and I would be auditioning them shortly but I am open to suggestions to alternates :)

Sam

@ iaudio: Yes. the speaker points are 8 ft above from ground level. I was not there when the electrician put the points :( . Now i will have to get the wall mounts which can be rotated and point them down. Thanks for the recommendations. Will surely check out them. Is there any place in Cochin where i can audition this

I picked up a Denon 1912 today, dealer insists that I need to ethernet cable the Amp for airplay. I said Steve Jobs died giving Air to all computer equipment and if airplay is what its supposed to be, then it better work off the wireless.
Any one have any luck with this- its become more of a work and ego thing with this equipment.
KD

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back