speakers for Denon AVR 1912

ruturaj

Hi,

I am naive to the world of HiFi. I am interested in buying Denon AVR 1912 (friend's suggestion) and was looking for appropriate speakers...

My Specs :
my budget for speakers : 30k
usage : Primarily for watching movies thro' Tata Sky
Videos thro' Apple TV
DVDs
Room Size : 12ft x 20ft.

My Wish :
I would love to have wireless speakers as i dont want wires dangling all around the house.

Answers that i need :
Does Denon AVR 1912 support wireless speakers ?
Do i need to buy something more to support wireless speakers?
Suggestion on good Stereo speakers
Suggestion for good Surround sound speakers.

Hi,

I am naive to the world of HiFi. I am interested in buying Denon AVR 1912 (friend's suggestion) and was looking for appropriate speakers...

My Specs :
Videos thro' Apple TV
DVDs

My Wish :
I would love to have wireless speakers as i dont want wires dangling all around the house.

Answers that i need :
Suggestion for good Surround sound speakers.

For movies wharfedale Dx 1 package is best . receiver check pioneer vsx 921 / 1021 also

Rinas

Mordaunt Short will go with Denon. I used to own 1910 with jamo bookshelves and polk audio tsi300 towers - slightly bright with polk but well matched with Jamo. FXe had a set of discontinued Genie 5.1 setup available for a great price. Don't know if they still have it. check it out.

Hi,

My Specs :
Videos thro' Apple TV
DVDs

My Wish :
I would love to have wireless speakers as i dont want wires dangling all
around the house.

Answers that i need :
Suggestion for good Surround sound speakers.[/QUO

Hello ruturaj
Try Polk Audio speakers. They go well with Denon. For movies and TV Denon 1912 will be very good. Been using Denon 1909 for the past 3 years and am very satisfied. Hometheater Package will fit into your budget. Look into these vvv.profx.com/polk_hometheatre_packages.asp (replace vvv. with www) Wired speakers are better than wireless

+1 for polk audio for denon. personally, i think Tannoy HTS will go very well with denon.

Regarding wireless speakers - i don't think any receiver supports wireless speakers natively. you will need speaker setup with wireless link. Violet3D appears to be a great innovation, although I cannot comment about its sound quality. And i suspect they may be outside the budget you have listed.

Hi,

I use Denon 1912 with Polk Audio Tsi 400, it sounds fantastic. Both Amp and Speakers allow Bi-Amping which means your speakers will get minimum 180 watts per channel (For front only). I love the way it sounds especially the low volume clarity. I will recommend this, you wont be disappointed.

Sunder.

since your room size is quite big at 20 feet i would recommend speakers with higher sensitivity at around 91db which could compensate in case of lower amplifier powers. as a slight 3db increase would require double the amplifier power.
generally most manufacturers rate their amplifiers power at 2 speakers running but not at all speakers running together. Most of the time the front three speakers are at work and at some action scenes etc all the 5 speakers are working. check what the amplifier specs for the ratings at 8 ohm when all 5 are running.
what you can audition for is the fidelity of the speakers and then if you like them then check the sensitivity of the speakers. most speaksers available today have a sensitivity between 88-91db. some from klipsch horn speakers go upto 94-96 db but would be expensive for your budget.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back