Speakers for Denon X2700H

karthyyyy

Hi FMs,
I am planning to setup a dedicated home theatre room. Fixed projector, screen and AVR. AVR selected is Denon X2700H since vendor is having only this and X1600H. Need to finalize the speakers. I am confused ryt from the setup itself.
Whether a 3.0 will suffice or should I go with 5.1.2. Any huge noticeable difference in sound experience will be there between the 2. The setup is for 60% movies and 40% music. I am having Polk S55 (L & R) and S30 ( C ) in my mind. Any other good combination within the same price range. ? Main issue is that I cannot audition any of the setup since we don't have a full fledged audio demo rooms near my place.

Thanks and Regards
Karthyyy.

Since you are setting up a dedicated home theatre room, I would strongly reccomend a 5.1.2

I like Polk speakers. Use them for my home theatre setup.
My personal advice would be to go for the RTi series from Polk rather than the S series.

The S series is newer, and looks really nice, while RTi series is quite old.
However, the RTi series sound is superior.
I did quite bit of listening to both together recently, in ProFX when a friend bought speakers.

RTi Series speakers :
Fronts : RTi A1 / A3 / A5
Centre : CSi A4 / CSi A6
Surrounds : FXi A4 or FXi A6

What is your budget ?

Since you are setting up a dedicated home theatre room, I would strongly reccomend a 5.1.2

I like Polk speakers. Use them for my home theatre setup.
My personal advice would be to go for the RTi series from Polk rather than the S series.

The S series is newer, and looks really nice, while RTi series is quite old.
However, the RTi series sound is superior.
I did quite bit of listening to both together recently, in ProFX when a friend bought speakers.

RTi Series speakers :
Fronts : RTi A1 / A3 / A5
Centre : CSi A4 / CSi A6
Surrounds : FXi A4 or FXi A6

What is your budget ?
Hi Argho,

Thanks for the quick reply. Happy to know about the suggestion based on your personal experience. Here all the vendors have a single HT setup which will be the best setup they ll arrange and will have no relationship with the equipments purchased by us. Can't blame them since the AV equipment business is kinda slow here.

My budget is around 1.1-1.2 Lakhs for speakers (if 5.1.2 is chosen). I got an offer of 70k for S55+S30 and 60K for additional S10 + RC60I + HTS10 from a vendor. Since I couldn't do audition I am unable to feel the difference between 3.0 and 5.1.2.

Regarding RTi series, I need to check up with vendor whether they have the items and it's price since it was told by multiple vendors that post covid items are in extreme shortage.

Regards
Karthyyy

Hi FMs,
I am planning to setup a dedicated home theatre room. Fixed projector, screen and AVR. AVR selected is Denon X2700H since vendor is having only this and X1600H. Need to finalize the speakers. I am confused ryt from the setup itself.
Whether a 3.0 will suffice or should I go with 5.1.2. Any huge noticeable difference in sound experience will be there between the 2. The setup is for 60% movies and 40% music. I am having Polk S55 (L & R) and S30 ( C ) in my mind. Any other good combination within the same price range. ? Main issue is that I cannot audition any of the setup since we don't have a full fledged audio demo rooms near my place.

Thanks and Regards
Karthyyy.
Hi Karthik
Nice to see for ur new HT setup plans.
Congrats for ur new avr
There is Indian brand by name indiqaudio can u check this once n finalise ur final buy
U will surly feel good vl for their built n Sioux’s tuning . I’m not trying to convince to buy but say see once for their YouTube vedio i don’t say any brands do this n so on .as it’s ur hard earn money this brands don’t have return policy buy indiq have return policy if u didt like u can return within 15 days time n ur money will returned only transport charges is hold. And also one more advantage is upgrade policy in 3 yrs time if u feel to upgrade u pay difference r extra amt for new model n get new one . Like now u get one model for 10k n after 3 yrs if u feel to upgrade new one cost 20k then u pay 10k difference amt n get new one .
No brand is providing such offers n by this u can understand the confidence no make r built quality they do.
Just u bring ur notice we r running group buy for indiq if u finalised this brand n feel to join the group buy pls join us n njy the benefits of discounts
Wish u Best Buy n njy the listening in advance

Hi Argho,

Thanks for the quick reply. Happy to know about the suggestion based on your personal experience. Here all the vendors have a single HT setup which will be the best setup they ll arrange and will have no relationship with the equipments purchased by us. Can't blame them since the AV equipment business is kinda slow here.

My budget is around 1.1-1.2 Lakhs for speakers (if 5.1.2 is chosen). I got an offer of 70k for S55+S30 and 60K for additional S10 + RC60I + HTS10 from a vendor. Since I couldn't do audition I am unable to feel the difference between 3.0 and 5.1.2.

Regarding RTi series, I need to check up with vendor whether they have the items and it's price since it was told by multiple vendors that post covid items are in extreme shortage.

Regards
Karthyyy

If they deal in Polk speakers nad have S series, they should be able to arrange RTi series.

ProFX have a store in Cochin, They are the main dealers for Polk and Denon.

Hi FMs,

Thanks and Regards
Karthyyy.
If you are going for Polks then start with what kind of sound you like? Polk Signature series has a metallic-like sound signature and Rti has a more warm sound signature. Both are good and totally depends on what kind of sound you like. I bought the RtiA7s during the lockdown time and I was also confused between s55 and Rti A7 as both were almost the same price range. No demo was available in my area and all the research I did was through YT demo videos and going through forums. Never the less I am happy with the Rti series.

If you are going for Polks then start with what kind of sound you like? Polk Signature series has a metallic-like sound signature and Rti has a more warm sound signature. Both are good and totally depends on what kind of sound you like. I bought the RtiA7s during the lockdown time and I was also confused between s55 and Rti A7 as both were almost the same price range. No demo was available in my area and all the research I did was through YT demo videos and going through forums. Never the less I am happy with the Rti series.
Hi you seems to have all the gears which I am planning to set up. How is your experience with RTi so far? How much did it cost you?

What have you finalized ?

Hi you seems to have all the gears which I am planning to set up. How is your experience with RTi so far? How much did it cost you?
My home theatre setup is all Polk RTis - full 5.1

I bought more than 10 years ago, so honestly dont remeber the price.

I am very happy with the performance and the sound quality.
I have upgraded my receiver in this period, but not the speakers. I continue to be very satisfied with them.

Hi FMs,

Thanks and Regards
Karthyyy.
Please try Polk, Wharfedale, QA, JBL, PSB, Elac etc in similar price range. They have different sound signatures. What you like in a short audition in showroom may not feel so great over long listening hours.
Don't rush into buying anything based on recommendations. That's a classic mistake. Trust your ears alone and take time. Speakers easily last for a decade. Few extra weeks of hunting is totally worth it. Spend more, if necessary in steps. Try Dali, QA Concept etc at a slightly higher price point. The extra money and time spent will totally pay you back over years.

I Totally agree with Lizard King, don't rush and buy the speakers, you could consider Q A 3010i-5.1 package and Mission LX MkII speakers.

I love it. I mostly watch movies and for it's perfect and for what my budgets was. RTI series is mostly recommended for movies. I got the RtiA7 for roughly 55-60 k for a pair.

Also just buy from same or similar series for timber match. Don't mix and match different brand speakers, they might be good individually but might not go well together.

I love it. I mostly watch movies and for it's perfect and for what my budgets was. RTI series is mostly recommended for movies. I got the RtiA7 for roughly 55-60 k for a pair.

Also just buy from same or similar series for timber match. Don't mix and match different brand speakers, they might be good individually but might not go well together.
Where did you buy it from. I am based out of Mumbai and do visit Pune alot. Also, I see you have 135 inch screen, which brand did you go for? In case you are active on instagram, mind sharing the link ?

My home theatre setup is all Polk RTis - full 5.1

I bought more than 10 years ago, so honestly dont remeber the price.

I am very happy with the performance and the sound quality.
I have upgraded my receiver in this period, but not the speakers. I continue to be very satisfied with them.
Thanks for reply.

Where did you buy it from. I am based out of Mumbai and do visit Pune alot. Also, I see you have 135 inch screen, which brand did you go for? In case you are active on instagram, mind sharing the link ?
I will DM you all the details tomorrow. I bought speakers from lamington road store and screen was bought Online.

Please try Polk, Wharfedale, QA, JBL, PSB, Elac etc in similar price range. They have different sound signatures. What you like in a short audition in showroom may not feel so great over long listening hours.
Don't rush into buying anything based on recommendations. That's a classic mistake. Trust your ears alone and take time. Speakers easily last for a decade. Few extra weeks of hunting is totally worth it. Spend more, if necessary in steps. Try Dali, QA Concept etc at a slightly higher price point. The extra money and time spent will totally pay you back over years.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. One of our FM, Mr. Ravi K Singh has given excellent reviews on S55 in youtube. He also mentioned not to believe fully on reviews even his own words as ears are unique. His words seems sincere. I was chasing the vendor for quite sometime and in the end we had an agreement based on the total amount of HT package including Projector, Screen, AVR, Speakers and Acoustics. The vendor has offered both QAcoustics package and Signature series. He himself has suggested signature based on his previous vendor satisfaction. I think ll take a chance and most probably I ll go with signature itself.

Regards
Karthy

Hi , I am planning to buy Polk Rti A7, the pro fx dealer in Pune is quoting 80000 for it, can some one please advise a bargain price

First Go for 5.1 you can enjoy a lot .. 5.1.2 for more precision .. yes the more speaker you add the better and accurate sound you can get. (if you don't have budget for now you can slowly upgrade latter no worries)

MYSETUP
Using this setup personally Polk S20, S30, S10 (rear), OWM3 Celing, HTS12 Subwoofer .. Denon 2700h

For movies I rate it 100%
For music I rate it 80%

With just 5.1 setup I started hearing sounds that goes above my head without even fixing my owm3 to ceiling .. I was really amazed by todays dolby technology.

coming to speakers some says polk are too bright side but I have no issues I tweaked some settings to my taste from avr and I am in love with any movie I watch

PS : one can't judge a new speaker easily it should get burn some hrs and go many tweaks according to room and personal liking

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back