Speakers for Marantz PM5004

Few pictures. Dont' have a good placement in the current place, need to live with till i move back to home town...

You may want to remove the bass port sponge. From my experience (have KEF iQ7, Q300 and Q100), the bass port sponge will reduce bass booming a little bit, but at the cost of "eating" into mid and high frequencies.

I would strongly suggest you to remove those sponges and try.

-John.

You may want to remove the bass port sponge. From my experience (have KEF iQ7, Q300 and Q100), the bass port sponge will reduce bass booming a little bit, but at the cost of "eating" into mid and high frequencies.

I would strongly suggest you to remove those sponges and try.

-John.

Thanks for the details. I was just googling about this. My current rooms is bit small and the placement of speakers also side the bookshelf cabinet. I felt the bass is little more booming than my liking, so plugged in the sponge. Planning to try with and without them for couple of days to decide.

this is excellent stuff... am very happy for you.

The thing is you took the trouble to audition and take your amp and decide and that adds to the feeling of a job well done.

Enjoy your music !

regards

Thank you. The 'burning' started...:licklips:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back