Speakers for New Setup : Q500 or RTi A7 or TSx 550T

srinathpreddy

Hello All,

This is my first thread on this forum and looking for advice from fellow audioholics...;-)

Following is my current setup and looking to upgrade my AV system.

TV : Samsung 46F8000
AV : Sony RV 888-D Hi-Fi system (7 years old and its 5.1)
Satellite Box : TataSky HD+
Blu-Ray Player : LG

Initial plan was to go for a full 5.1 upgrade, but after reviews and understanding different setup's on this forum, I would like to go for a gradual upgrade. Current thinking only about 2 Channel or 2.1 setup.

My usage will be 60% TV/Movie and rest for Music.

Living Room is as shown in attachment, It's 20Ft by 13Ft with 2 Windows and 3 outlets (Main Door, To Bed Rooms and Open Dining & Kitchen)

Following is the setup which I'm looking at:

AVR : Denon X-2000 (inclined towards this because of reviews, looks, simplicity and Future proof)

Blu-Ray Player : Pioneer BDP-450 or Denon-1713UD or Maratz-UD5007 (Denon is expensive & overkill but confused:))

Speakers for 2.0 Setup:

1. KEF Q500 or
2. Polk RTi A7 or
3. Polk TSx550T or
4. Polk TSx440T or

Speakers for 2.1 Setup:

1. KEF Q500 + Q400b or
2. Polk RTi A7 + DSW Pro 550 or
3. Polk TSx550T + DSW Pro 550 or
4. Polk TSx440T + DSW Pro 550 or

My view is to go for the same brand of speakers when I upgrade from 2.0 to 3.1 to 5.1 to 7.1. Your view pl.....

Following are my questions:

1. Your views on the above setup?
2. Is gradual upgrade a better option?
3. What type of setup will ideally good for my Living Room.
4. Is 2.0 or 2.1? Which one is better
5. Any other suggestions on AVR or Speakers with an initial budget of 1.3Lakhs
6. Which Blu-Ray player is ideal

Thanks
Srinath.

Attachments

• House Plan.jpg
    House Plan.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 293
If interested, I have a used monitor audio 5.0 setup for sale which might suit your budget. I can deliver it to Bangalore. IMO, the RX6 are far better speakers than the ones you listed.

Hello All,

This is my first thread on this forum and looking for advice from fellow audioholics...;-)

Following is my current setup and looking to upgrade my AV system.

TV : Samsung 46F8000
AV : Sony RV 888-D Hi-Fi system (7 years old and its 5.1)
Satellite Box : TataSky HD+
Blu-Ray Player : LG

Initial plan was to go for a full 5.1 upgrade, but after reviews and understanding different setup's on this forum, I would like to go for a gradual upgrade. Current thinking only about 2 Channel or 2.1 setup.

My usage will be 60% TV/Movie and rest for Music.

Living Room is as shown in attachment, It's 20Ft by 13Ft with 2 Windows and 3 outlets (Main Door, To Bed Rooms and Open Dining & Kitchen)

Following is the setup which I'm looking at:

AVR : Denon X-2000 (inclined towards this because of reviews, looks, simplicity and Future proof)

Blu-Ray Player : Pioneer BDP-450 or Denon-1713UD or Maratz-UD5007 (Denon is expensive & overkill but confused:))

Speakers for 2.0 Setup:

1. KEF Q500 or
2. Polk RTi A7 or
3. Polk TSx550T or
4. Polk TSx440T or

Speakers for 2.1 Setup:

1. KEF Q500 + Q400b or
2. Polk RTi A7 + DSW Pro 550 or
3. Polk TSx550T + DSW Pro 550 or
4. Polk TSx440T + DSW Pro 550 or

My view is to go for the same brand of speakers when I upgrade from 2.0 to 3.1 to 5.1 to 7.1. Your view pl.....

Following are my questions:

1. Your views on the above setup?
2. Is gradual upgrade a better option?
3. What type of setup will ideally good for my Living Room.
4. Is 2.0 or 2.1? Which one is better
5. Any other suggestions on AVR or Speakers with an initial budget of 1.3Lakhs
6. Which Blu-Ray player is ideal

Thanks
Srinath.

IMHO Polk TSx550T of ur choices is the best bet available for the price tag it carries , audition it in Profx ,for Subwoofer pls look for SVS and Velodyne impact i don't think DSW is that good.For Blueray player look for panasonic 230 bluray player or sony s5100 which is dam good.Don't go for denon blu ray player it don't justify the price tag.better go 5.1 at a stretch u will get big discounts for (15 - 20 %) of mrp.

If interested, I have a used monitor audio 5.0 setup for sale which might suit your budget. I can deliver it to Bangalore. IMO, the RX6 are far better speakers than the ones you listed.

Hi,

@mowgli80 -------- I am interested in RX6, need quote for the same, location: Bangalore, kindly mail details at [email protected]
PS: not able to PM you from your ad.

cheers,
Sameer

IMHO Polk TSx550T of ur choices is the best bet available for the price tag it carries , audition it in Profx ,for Subwoofer pls look for SVS and Velodyne impact i don't think DSW is that good.For Blueray player look for panasonic 230 bluray player or sony s5100 which is dam good.Don't go for denon blu ray player it don't justify the price tag.better go 5.1 at a stretch u will get big discounts for (15 - 20 %) of mrp.

Thank for sharing your thoughts.

Speakers : TSx550T were recently launched and not may reviews available as of now. But I found RTi A7 to have very good reviews. Yep, I shall audition it at profx.

Need to look at Subwoofers in more details before finalizing. Any suggestions in SVS or Velodyne?

Blu-ray Players : I'm more so looking at universal players, so reviewed Pioneer, Denon & Marantz players. I do agree that Denon with it's price tag is a overkill.

Any view on Pioneer BDP-450 or Marantz UD5007?

5.1 Setup : Do agree that going for complete 5.1 setup will give me better discount, but with 1.3Lakhs budget including AVR I wont be getting good speakers. So, option is to upgrade gradually...;-)

Hello All,

After further reviews, finalized on following options.

AVR : Marantz SR5008 or Denon X-2000

5.1 Setup:

1. KEF Q700 for Fronts + KEF Q600c for Center + KEF Q300 for surround + KEF Q400b sub

2. KEF Q500 for Fronts + KEF Q200c for Center + KEF Q300 for surround + KEF Q400b sub

3. Polk RTi A7 for Fronts + Polk CSi A6 for Center + Polk RTi A3 for Surround + Polk DSW PRO 660/550 Sub

With the above options what is the ideal AVR + 5.1 setup for Movies/Music which is 60/40 and a living room of 13 (W) * 20 (L) * 12 (H).

Also, I would like to go with same brand of speakers for Front, Center & Surround. And open to other Sub options.

Experts, pl share your views pl.

Regards,
Srinath.

Hi, anyone auditioned Polk TSX550T?

I am planning to buy Marantz 6008. I am confused whether to buy Polk TSX 550T or Wharfedale 10.7?

Please Please advice

Dont know about Tsx550 but I auditioned its younger Tsx440 and Kef Q500 in Profx. Driven by Denon x2000, I felt Q500 to be far better in terms of midrange (Vocals) compared to polk eventhough price is on higher side. For stereo, I would recommend Q500 than Tsx440.
Btw, you can easily squeeze out 10 to 15% disc on these.

I'm more so looking at universal players, so reviewed Pioneer, Denon & Marantz players. I do agree that Denon with it's price tag is a overkill.
w24mVL

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back