• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Speakers for yamaha rx-v 479

Wharfedale Speakers

RAJUSH26

Hello friends, just got a Yamaha rx-v 479, need suggestions for speakers.
Looking for a pair of GS and a good sub.
Pls suggest brand, model, India prices, best place to buy.
Content = music/movies, 50/50
Location @pune.
Thanks fellow FM

elangoas

Hello friends, just got a Yamaha rx-v 479, need suggestions for speakers.
Looking for a pair of GS and a good sub.
Pls suggest brand, model, India prices, best place to buy.
Content = music/movies, 50/50
Location @pune.
Thanks fellow FM

Your budget for BS + subwoofer ? Look @ Hifimart.com. They have some good offers time to time... I have bought a handful of products and happy with their service..

RAJUSH26

Sorry friends it's not GS but FS , my budget for a pair of FS, a centre speaker and a sub is approx 1 lk. Can stretch a bit.

efernand1

Hi

The Pioneer AJ setup should work well for you....check HiFi Mart if in stock or else reach out to dealers in Pune to check availability and performance.....

afj

Sorry friends it's not GS but FS , my budget for a pair of FS, a centre speaker and a sub is approx 1 lk. Can stretch a bit.

if youre going for a sub, you dont require FS. the sub will give enough of bass. bookshelves will be enough. look at the kef q series and monitor audio bronze. a level lower would be the wharfedale diamond series

RAJUSH26

So if it a pair of BS than a sub would be essential for music and movies, right??

elangoas

So if it a pair of BS than a sub would be essential for music and movies, right??

I have used wharfedale diamond 9.2 and Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS's for a good time..For music, i was happy with bass from BS.. But for movies, yes.. Subwoofer is a must...

You can very well use a subwoofer for music too if you like bass..

sunilkm

Is BS better or preferred over FS. For a wholesome exp

It depends. FS will perform at its best if placement is proper with enough space from wall. Compared to FS, it is easy to place the BS and will mostly do better in a decent sized living room.

Let us say in a budget of 20K- 30K the BS will be much better than the FS available in that budget.

efernand1

Hi

Yes Pioneer AJ is 5.1

See this link for competitive prices...

Speaker Systems

All the best....if budget is a challenge, go for pre owned....check Hifi Ads or For Sale by owner section