Speakers ideal placement

nandac

Conventional audiophile wisdom stands by having speakers set up at ear level in an equilateral triangle with the listener.

But I hardly sit and listen only to music. Often I listen to music while doing something else - while sitting on the floor or lying on the sofa or standing or even walking around.

I have often found that I enjoy speakers placed higher - like at 6 feet above ground where the sound seems more dispersed and enveloping - for want of better words. But I have tried this only with small speakers like Bose or B&W LM1.

Any views on this?

I think normal speaker stands are like 2 feet high - so is that the height at which you guys place your speakers?

Appreciate the insights.

the higher frequencies (produced by the tweeters) are generally very directional, and that is why it is recommended that the tweeter is placed at ear level. but given your situation, you could probably experiment and see what sounds best for you. If you have false ceiling, then you could get suggestions from dealers/experts to see if ceiling speakers would provide a better experience for your needs?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back